colt rings might freeney dwight?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by joelmunroe, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I'm so sorry for have a 'childish' opinion. I never meant to offend anyone...especially you. However, it was said in fun. Again, I'm sorry I insulted the mighty PEYTON MANNING.:banned:

You are probably correct about the Colts continuing to be good for years to come. So has every team that has gone through a salary cap purge a poor organization with mis-management and poor coaching?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Salary cap purge..

How many teams lost as many quality players as we did in 2005? Not many. And given that we had just come off of 2 straight bad drafts in 03 and 04 there were few players to step in.

It might just be also that fisher isn't quite as good a coach with evidence A being his DC.

All i know is that we played all season with bozo the clown at safety while 2 recent 4th rd picks sat the bench. The colts won the super in part because of great play from a rookie 6th rd pick from howard who had to fill in at both safety spots.

3. TD10

TD10 Camp Fodder

The Colts will lose players and it will be harder for them to repeat next season. I'm not saying they will loose star players but they will loose quality players. Just look at the Super Bowl teams from the last several years, they all loose good players and that hurts. The Steelers let Hope and several other players go and were not nearly as successful. If the Colts keep Freeney they can kiss 3-4 good players good bye.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I'm hoping they pick up Fred Miller somehow

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You mean Fred Miller who had a nice year in Chicago and got to go to the SB? The only thing wrong with Miller right now is he is getting up in age but he can still play well. Mathis had one tackle and one assist in the game with no sacks.

For all you "we have to get Freeney" fans you might want to know that Mathis had exactly one tackle and one assist more than Freeney had for the game. Translated, Freeney had zero tackles and zero assists.

I agree with Tide that the Colts seem to always manage to replace players they lose and keep on going. They draft well, coach well and have a strong core of players they keep. IMO they would be better off letting Freeney walk and replacing him with a draft pick which will keep them from salary cap hell in the future.

6. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

freeney

IMHO... No need in going after any speed guy until they fix the mud pie we call a field. :grrhee:

7. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

Gut,
    I really think you are setting yourself up for a let down when the Colts find the way to keep the "important" players to their franchise ... most notably when Manning chooses to restructure his contract to keep the "important" players....

Now having said that,
    I Still believe that We (the Titans) are in a WIN-WIN Situation.

... and it is because, the Cap situation for Indy -vs- TN
    Core Age of the Colts -vs- Titans

I'm sure some Colts have dynasty dreams, but the desire needle just shifted to the Titans.

AND Most importantly... I'm really beginning to believe The Most Important WIN-WIN factor for the TITANS...
    We have VINCE YOUNG and nobody else does. [period.]:koolaid:

I realistically Vision him as being the best known comparison to......
    ..... TIGER WOODS.

VINCE YOUNG is to the NFL as TIGER WOODS is to GOLF.

Someday Very soon Vince Young endorsements will be bigger than Peyton Manning.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Did Fred Millers have a nice year last season when Grossman missed 14 games because of a Miller whiff?

We might be talking about the same guy. Did your Fred Miller make 5+m per year as a Titan after being signed as a knee jerk reaction to Runyon leaving for Philly? Is your Fred Miller called "False Start" Fred or "Twitch"? Could you count on your Fred Miller to go into his Mexican blocking stance a couple of times per game? Did your Fred Miller take the field knowing darn well he was incapable of playing to an NFL level? (I blame Fisher there, but what the heck its still Twitches fault!)

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Almost as if I wrote myself :yes:

I've been reading in various places about how hard pressed the Colts are for cap space and how many Free Agents they have coming up. But when you start reading the list of Free Agents you quickly realise they're almost all expendable. The biggest hurdle migt actually be their FA O-linemen, but they're not exactly going to break the bank.

Fact is there are no Jevon Kearses, Eddie Georges, Steve McNairs or Derrick Masons on the Colts immediate FA list. Freeney is the closest, but as have been stated repeatedly in this thread and others he did not perform at a high level this year and nobody knows if he will in years to come.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I wouldn't mind having Freeney, but my biggest concern is that he gets out of the AFC South. I don't want to ever see him chasing after Vince Young again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar