Collins wants to stay and start, but Young will be with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Boy that's a great plan with the Titans window of opportunity currently open..
    Let's just give ol' Vince a year and see what happens eh?
    NOT!

If this team was still 2 or three years away from taking a run at a championship then let Vince have a year to sort it out. But that's not the case - now is the time and Collins MUST be resigned.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

You don't even need to read between the lines on this one. With Vince's contract ballooning a year from now Fish is almost outright saying if 10 doesn't do something DRAMATIC in this offseason and upcoming season his butt will be on the street.

BuhBye Vince..

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Collins hasnt done anything IMO this season to make him lose the starting job next season, if anything he secured it by the way he played against the Ravens. If he played awful in that game i could make a case for letting him go but he convinced me that he can still get the job done. Give him another big target and see what he can do

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Let's pretend Vince wants to be here. If Collins is the qb, Vince will never have a chance to prove himself. So it's mute. He'll get a couple of vanilla quarters in the pre-season against vanilla defenses. And that will be that. At what point would Vince even get a chance to prove he's made any neccessary changes. He won't even be practicing with the first unit. If Collins is the qb, and the mandate for Vince is to demonstrate improvement, then it's over. If you don't play, you can't prove a thing.

I don't even think Vince wants to be in Tennessee anymore. So pretending he wants to be here on the bench is really stretching it. If I was in his shoes, I wouldn't want to be in Tennesssee. He's no different than Collins. He wants to start. But then you add in a cup of what he will feel is betrayal ( getting benched ) and it's over. There's no fit here. It just doesn't work. Trade demand imminent.

Now, the money. We don't have it to give to a backup qb. So if Collins is the starter for more than one year, which it will have to be, then the money comes into play. No fit. No go for Vince. The money slides all over everything, hitting in waves, and it just keeps hitting hard wave after wave. So eventually you just close up the hatch and and you have to let him go.

In order to keep Vince, he has to play, but when would that happen? What would it take for Collins to go to the bench? Well, a rating between 60 and 80 is clearly not enough. So Collins would have to drop into the 50's before that happens. That seems implausible to me. So Collins is the guy. Maybe a losing season. Or Maybe an injury. But both are long shots. Losing is a thing of the past. Injuries to qb's are few and far between. So the possibility for Collins getting benced is practically zero. It's just not going to happen. So again, Vince will not see the light of day for 2-3 more years. If you don't play, you won't get paid.

Human nature and simple mathematics. Vince has to go the minute Kerry is signed. Sure. We could keep him, but why. Nothing fits. Vince's career does not align with the Titans needs and wants. And that is ok. It happens. But we have to let go. The Titans can find a credible cheap backup, we've done it before, and well do it again.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

moot

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't moo. Will never moo. And that is that. So it has to be mute.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

MOOPS!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

This sounds really bad for Vince Young. Can't say I'm not surprised though..

9. Morpheus E

Morpheus E Camp Fodder

I think Phi is right. VY probably wants to leave. Should he have any type of success next year, he will probably try his damndest to leave the team.

10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I say Collins is gone, 'cause Fisher won't guarantee a starter spot. Simms stays as Vince' backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar