Collins our QB of the future?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'm not concerned about his statistics. I'll be happy as long as he keeps winning.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

this is like asking if brett favre is the future for the jets.

3. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Not so sure, I mean he could very well end up in top 10 passing leaders in NFL history. Add a ring man and who knows, he could end up in Canton someday. Not a first balloter by any means but its possible

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Vinny Testaverde has 46,000 yards and 275 tds, but he's not making the hall. neither is collins.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I wouldn't say of the future but he is the QB of the present and foreseeable future. If you look at Collins' last 3 starts and Young's last 3 full games were averaging about 9 more points a game with Collins. So as long as that's the case I'd say were good to go with Collins. And oh yea were undefeated.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I hope you're kidding. His career qb rating is 73. That's roughly vinces qb rating from last year. The guy had 3 more tds than interceptions in his career which is not good for a career pocket passer. Him and vince have also made the same amount of pro bowls in his career. I think it's cool how you think collins is almighty but vince is disasterous, Collins was a #5 pick in the draft. His 3rd season he threw 21 picks to 11 tds. According to your logic as long as vince gets his td to int ratio up then he's on pace for a hall of fame career.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

1) Collins got to a superbowl
    2) He's a VERY experienced veteran who knows the game very well. All he has to do is not make mistakes, and our defense takes care of the rest.
    3) No one is saying he's the future QB, because we all know age is a big issue in football
    4) Kerry will NOT be a hall of famer
    5) Neither will Vince

8. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Not sure why you responded to my post. I was just helping the guy who thinks collins is a hall of famer.

9. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

It has something to do wtih the fact that the name Kerry Collins is even being mentioned in the same sentence as "hall of famer"

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA this has to be a joke, right? I would think anyone over the age of about 4 would be comprehend the difference in games when Vince and Kerry are in. Unless you were kidding, please let me know.

I dont think anyone is saying Kerry Collins is a hall of famer, becasue he isn't. But for anyone to believe Vince Young gives us a better opportunity of winning in 2008 is delusional. Might Vince work out next year? Sure, I could also be a millionaire this time next year too I guess. So anything's possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar