Collins Helps Titans Go to 3-0 With 31-12 Win Over Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Kerry Collins became the 15th NFL quarterback with at least 35,000 yards passing in his career as he led the Titans to a 31-12 win over the Texans and a 3-0 start to the regular season. Besides Collins' TD, LenDale White ran for two touchdowns and Cortland Finnegan had an INT returned for a TD. The Tennessee defense sacked Matt Schaub three times and Michael Griffin had two interceptions. The Titans last won their first three games in 1999 — their first season in their current stadium — and in 1991 while still in Houston and playing as the Oilers. With this victory, they now have beaten the team that replaced them in Houston seven straight times and 11 of the 13 games in this series.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I vote the new nickname, KMFC

After the first pass it was on the verge of being KOMFGC

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

It was a laser, just a little behind JMac, stuck it right in the DBs chest.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Collins actually made our receivers look better than they are, I loved it. It was great because aside from the interceptions our defense wasn't on par, yet our offense put up twice as many points as the Texans did to seal a win.

Special teams looked awful though.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I thought they looked a lot better than they have so far...the receivers are suddenly looking better...:wink2:

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Yes the receivers looked better, but still bad.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Our run D is usually MUCH better vs great run games. If you'll notice, we'll let a nobody crap back like Steve Slaton gash us, while he cant get over 50 yds vs the Dolphins, but we hold guys like Jones-Drew, LT, etc in check.

So I'm less worried bout the Vikes. They're as much of a pretender as they come. AP = great. Their D line = great. Everything else? Not worth mentioning. I cant name more than 2 players on that team that I'd want replacing ours.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i was upset they didnt give Hawkins a chance.

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I was thinking about this today actually. I've always wondered why we can consistently contain guys like LT, MJD, Taylor, Addai, etc to fairly poor numbers, but someone like Slanton will run all over us. I assumed it was because he's a small back in a zone blocking scheme, and we always seem to struggle against those type of backs.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

KC played well. I thought he managed the game and did a good job keeping the offense in sync.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar