Collins and Simms are accurate passers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tex in a Can, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

now, now you know better than that :grrhee:

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think it's important to note that on average an NFL game has 4 turnovers in it. And it's been getting even higher each year.

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

You guys have to be real here. Collins is an INT machine and he sucks!!! I have said it, and will continue to say it. Why does everyone have such short memories?? This guy screams "Blitz me", and believe you me the Bengals will, and the end result will be a sack or a incompletion, short gain (yes b/c or WR's are not playmakers, period!!), or an INT. The dude doesn't have the arm strength that used to have and he was a gambler with the ball then, you know he's gonna try it now, but to our demise.

Please people, this team is much better off with VY in there taking his lumps and learning the game, it's much too late to send him to the bench now you might as well kick him off the team it's equivilent to the same thing.

VY or the recievers, the recievers or VY??? Come on I think we all know it's a little of both. VY with some of his lame duck passes, and the recievers with their Hands of stone dropping passes. Good QB's make average WR's look good, and Good WR's make average QB's look good.

Can this debate be ended??

Just for the record, I hope KFC does well and proves me wrong, I honestly don't care what his final #'s look like as long as the clock hits 0:00 and we have more pts than the Bengals.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Chris Simms will be the starter in 2 weeks.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Haynsworth is to Schwartz as Adriana Lima is to Phyllis Diller

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Sorry man I can't see this. The only way is if Collins goes down and at that point if VY can't go. In other words if it is the only choice. I doubt Simms will beat out Collins in the amount of time it takes VY to get healthy. He isn't familiar with our playbook. We saw this before, even if Collins chokes Fisher will stick with him. And at Cincy Collins will do fine. I don't know after that.

By the way ....what were the numbers for Simms. I know it was a one year but for what?

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Collins will have a good game this week then the next week he'll suck. Maybe I should say 3. Well after his first 2 starts then it'll be a closer competition.

8. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

I think it's a pretty fair condemnation when fans of the last two teams a guy played for are relieved to see him go (cough, Chris Brown) And then he comes to your team and proceeds to absolutely tank your team until he is replaced four games into the season.

That doesn't sound like a fluke--something that he's just waiting to bust out of in his 14th season.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Kerry Collins and Vince Young share the same number of seasons with a 60+% completion rating: 1.

1. In 14 seasons and 5 different teams. Peyton has 10 in 11. Brady 6 in 7. Kitna 5 in 12. Rivers 3 in 5. Bulger 5 in 8. Vince, Cutler, Schaub, and Trent Edwards all have at least 1.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Only via injury...

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Does this need to be explained yet again? Collins was thrust into the starting role 5 seconds after replacing Volek preseason - with the drop factory in full effect.. He has been sound ever since.
    And when was the last time any QB looked good on The Raiders?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar