College injury history to NFL?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Sabomnim, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

I dont follow college enough (at all) to know the answer, but does anyone have any examples of high potential players coming out of college with injury histories in college that had essentially no issues in the NFL.

I'm thinking of all the potential draft picks like Lattimore, Davis, Ross, etc that are injury concerns with high potential. Does this often translate into injury history in the NFL or is it a total crapshoot in predicting?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Total crap shoot

only sure thing is youre getting hurt in football

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Colin McCarthy!

4. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

Yea I know you can't predict who will get hurt, I was just thinkning more along the lines of if there were examples of someone with a nagging hamstring issue in college that essentially didn't have it anymore in the NFL

but I figured the answer was crapshoot.

thanks

5. JCBRAVE

Brian Orakpo is a good example of why not to be scared off because of prior injuries, he was often hurt in Washington, now nothing when he comes to TN.

Same with Kenny Britt in LA. As a Titan he was always hurt, then goes off to another city and has no issues.

6. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

From personal experience, if you've had knee injuries. You'll always have knee problems. So I'd stay away from players with knee problems, it sucks :( (i was no college star obviously but im just saying knee injuries superrr suck)

7. JCBRAVE

Umm Frank Gore would like a word....

8. DoubleBlue

Ya he's a great player no doubt. I know there's lots of examples , I just hate it when great players get knee injuries, it sucks long term. There are some that can play through it, but some that feel it everyday of their life and it sucks....Booby Miles scene from friday night lights when he's told he'll never be the same gets to me everytime :(. (Im aware its a movie, but least its based on true events)

9. JCBRAVE

Knee injuries are certainly devastating to regular joes no doubt, but these players have the best of the best at their disposal. Im not sure whats the worst injury after multiple concussions, but it doesnt seem to be knees.

Maybe back related injuries are worse........ Not many guys recover from that stuff and make it back and have the same affect.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. DoubleBlue

Ya back injuries are killer no doubt. Just sucks thay for every player that does overcome an awful injury, there are hundreds that never recover :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar