Coliseum Officially Renamed to LP Field

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I really don't think they care what the fans think. It is what will be announced when the Titans are on TV and when other events take place there. There is the exposure!!

2. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

L P Field. Sounds like the fat suits thought about this a long time. I guess they think everyone knows what LP stands for. Too many other companies with those initials will be getting credit for having their names on a stadium. Sooner or later, the real name will be plastered all over the stadium.
    The other thing I don't like about initials is the names/words that can be attached to them. Especially during a season like we had in 2005. "Loosers Palace", "Last Place" stadium, you get the point.
    I don't like it.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

You nailed it Ewker. They know that in the offseason fans might spend 5 minutes thinking about an issue like this, but in the grand scheme of things, it means nothing. They'll show up no matter what the field is called.

"build it, and they will come..."

sorry, I just had to add that in there.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

correct. Have any of you been to the Georgia Tech campus?

Bobby Dodd Stadium At Historic Grant Field

[​IMG]

My dad went to Tech and while my brother was there in the early nineties we went to every homcoming... It was great. Anyhow, I really agree Sukrillux...

5. My dad went to Tech as well. The only time I went to a game there I was on the field assisting my brother (photographer). But I did tour the campus since it was on my list of potential schools.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

my old man was there circa 1961-1965...
    BA chemistry... was a member Kappa Sigma

[​IMG]

7. My dad was there around the same timeframe (not sure exact years). I'd have to ask him his major and fraternity (though I know it wasn't Kappa Sigma).

8. My father was at Tech from '60 - '64, majored in industrial management, and was in Phi Epsilon Pi (which is now ZBT).

9. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

I have the next 10 years to make my first visit to LP Field :lol:
    Go TITANS!

10. Only if they don't end up going bankrupt like Adelphia...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar