Coaching, Coaching, Coaching

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CollinsQB, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

What do you mean "they don't have time" to coach? ...

Did the new CBA limit the hours the players can work to 2 hours a day or something?

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Listen OP, I'm going to let you finish, but Collins was one of the worst QBs of ALL TIME.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

The biggest part of this loss was on the players not the coaches. I can't blame the coaches for all the fumbles, INT return for TD, and blocked punt for a TD.

The players have to be counted on to hold onto the damn ball. The coaches really shouldn't have to preach/teach ball security at this level. The players watch the film they can see the TOs that the Bears defense has caused all year. They just have to protect the ball.

This loss no doubt was painful for the fans, but it had to be just as painful for the coaches and players.

4. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I still blame it on the coaching, if a team continually plays as sloppy as this team does its because they are not being coached correctly and this team is definitely underperforming their potential and that's coaching. Fumbles, INT, blocked punts, etc. is all part of not being prepared and improper scheming. Everyone knows the Bears are great at creating turnovers and this team made it it look as if though it was a big surprise to them.....that's on the coaches!

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Yes it did. It limited the amount of time they could spend on the practice field, in pads out of pads.... everything.

6. SocalTitansFan

SocalTitansFan Starter

It also limited or completely outlawed two-a-days in the off-season if I'm not mistaken.

7. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

For what its worth (Per Paul K via ESPN AFC South Blog):

"Titans coaches warned players all week about how Charles Tillman strips the ball, offering specifics of his techniques."

Now, that doesn't mean we have good coaches, I'm just saying I generally agree with what people are saying that those fumbles fall on the players. The entire world knows that the Bears D is amazing, especially with all those comparisons to the great D's of the past.

Coaches shouldn't have to spoon-feed players, but the point is they did, and our boys still couldn't hold on to the damn ball.

The illegal formations and 10-players on the field fall on coaching sure, but the inability to hold on to the ball is not....

...I mean the first damn play of the game Tillman punched the ball away from Britt - even if the coaches didn't ever say ish, that shoulda been enough for him and the rest of the team to take notice...

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Any fan knows that the Bears were the top team in the league for forcing turnovers so there is no excuse for the players not knowing. Perhaps the coaches didn't spend enough time on this or practice enough on it but it is not bad coaching when one player forces 4 fumbles.

Don't the players watch film?

Bottom line is that we are a team with average talent that can't compete with nfl teams in most of our games. We were even outscored in the 2nd half.

After that error fest of a cluster f*ck of a first half you would think they could come out and play with pride in the 2nd half and have something to hang our hats on but the defense decided to suck in the 2nd half and give up 20 points.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I had never in my life heard of one player forcing four fumbles, so I looked it up. Sure enough, that is a record. It seems like every game this year, with the exception of Pitt, someone has a breakout game or breaks a record.

I am sadly going to say something I never thought I would say again, but this is the worst team we have fielded since the move to TN. Four FF, is Madden esqe.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If i knew that a player could force 4 fumbles in a game i would assume it was a pass rusher forcing fumbles on Qbs not a Cb just making routine tackles out on the field.

Yes the worst team since the 97 move to Tennessee. The 4-12 05 team at least was in most of their games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar