Coaching candidates and interviews

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Just say no to Mora Jr. Just...say...NO.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i want Jimmy Johnson

4. Titantic Titan

Titantic Titan Camp Fodder

Please do not blast me when I ask, what is so bad about Jim Mora Jr. as a head coach. I do not know enough about him. I will be doing some research on his playing style and record tonight.

Thanks

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'd take him as a DC

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Career record of 31-33, one playoff appearance.

I think not as HC...although I agree with Gunny that maybe he gets a look as DC or DC/Assistant HC.

7. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Mora already turned down 2 DC jobs. He's still on the Seahawks dole for a couple of years, so he's obviously not taking a coaching job unless it's for head coach.

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Well, then I say "just say no". Mora is no upgrade from Fisher IMO. If we want to make a parallel move keep it internal. If we go outside we need to try to upgrade or get someone with promise who is not a retread. I like the Perry Fewell talk, and just wish I would hear it somewhere besides here.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Mora's problem was something we are familiar with, he was known to be TOO much of a players coach. He was thought to be REALLY soft on his players and they lost respect for him and walked over him and took adavantage of the situation.

10. Tennessee

Tennessee @titan_up

Even if I was the biggest "fire Fisher" fan, which I am not, I would be extremely disappointed in these interviews.

I feel like my hometown high school team just lost their HC. " hey, did you hear the cougars fired Joe schmoe? Yeah, they just hired Mo schmoe."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar