Coaching candidates and interviews

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Add Kevin Carter to the 'For Munchak' pile.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

^^ Just read that.

Sometimes being a great coach just means being a great leader and inspiring the players to believe in you. If we can get a great defensive coordinator I think we'll do well because the players seem to like Munch.

Heimerdinger can scheme and put up points, we just need to fix some holes on defense.

So the success of next season seems to be hanging on who we put at QB.

I don't see any good options besides Kolb and Orton but do to the dispute Orton might be off the table.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Munch is smart, he's been very good at what he has been asked to do. He is very much respected.

A Munch coached team will probably be a hard nosed team.

4. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

It is becoming clear to me that the selection/appointment of our new coordinators may be more important than the HC, if only because it has been so blatantly obvious and predictable as to what Bud's plans are. This has me more nervous than anything because that is where some outside blood would really help, especially at DC.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If Munch is a Fisher clone, all he really needs is to be willing to adjust. That was Fishers downfall. I like how people are backing Munch, it gives me confidence in him.
    But we need outsiders for the coordinators, the article where it was admitted by Hope we don't focus on small things, the fundamentals. This is why I hope we get a guy from a team that has been a dominate defense for a long time, ie: Steelers or Ravens

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Somw additions I want added to our staff if Munch does get the job:
    HC: Munch
    OC: Dinger
    QBC: Jim Zorn
    HBC: Sherman Smith
    OLC: Bruce Mathews

DC: Jim Mora Jr.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

And a new safety would be nice too. I don't get his comments...so after playing that long he still needs a coach to show him the fundamentals? That is pathetic.

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I don't think we'll get Matthews. I recall reading somewhere, he just signed another new contract with Houston.

I'd take Mora and Zorn, although they are both player friendly I think they've learned from the school of hard-knocks during their HC stints that they need to keep some control.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Matthews extend his contract to be an offensive assistant but has said he wants more responsibly. Moving him to OL coach would be a promotion therefor we can offer him a job provided the Texans don't block our attempt

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I wish I had a list of which assistants were extended by Fisher. I'm betting everyone of them will be on Munchak's staff if he is HC. (I don't see Bud paying for more duplicity.) All this "endorsement" stuff is a bunch of "spin" by the FO to warm everybody up to the stale idea of hiring from within.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar