Coach needs to show his guys that he is in it to win it ...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by edward nigma, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

I have battled with this, because I believe in the right situation Kenny Britt can be effective. The problem is, he is not being effective right now (currently). So to make a long story short, the Titans need to release Kenny and move forward with the current receivers on the roster.

One of his biggest assets was his running blocking when he had his head in the game (now he is penalty prone). He is not getting it done in crucial situations (drops, bad routes, no separation, etc. ...) and any time he is on the field I just get the feeling he doesn't take it as serious as he should.

I don't think sitting him on the bench is going to get the message across. I don't think mentally the demotion would be effective (I think we would be getting the opposite effect - a bad seed). Most guys when demoted that have been starters would take it personal and work harder (in practice and after practice) to show the coaches that they got the message and will do whatever it takes to get back in the starting lineup. Kenny is still young and I don't think he gets it. So the best thing to do at this point is to cut your losses and release him.

I honestly wish things would work out, but I don't think they will.

Thoughts?

2. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

I didn't post this in the "Clean Out your locker" thread because I believe a jolt like this could energize the team and show them that expectations are high. Also, remind everyone that not performing up to your talent (potential) will not be tolerated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar