Coach Mularkey appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by altitan, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

U sure about that?

2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

NFL?....I would think so, but stranger things have happened.

3. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

If you’re gonna do an appreciation thread, the least you can do is spell the mans name right.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

My bad, thanks

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wasn't happy with the initial hiring of the guy (no one was), but he did wonders for the fan base in terms of bringing excitement back to Titans football. After 2014 it would have been incredibly easy to drop this team but he kept our interest every step of the way..

Im bummed we blew a shot at the Super Bowl, but I also appreciate the fact we were in the playoffs for the first time in forever..

At the end of the day he was a step in the right direction. Mularkey>Whiz

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think everybody on this board agrees that Mularkey is a likable stand up guy. I think nearly everybody agrees that his offensive scheme was antiquated and he didn’t (or wouldn’t) be willing to adapt. He was brought in to “protect Mariota” and he did that reasonably well. We couldn’t go any further with Mularkey.

I don’t know for sure if he was really recalcitrant to hiring new staff or not. I’m sure he would have if he had a decent extension. His scheme needed to go regardless. Maybe all the extension talk is a face saving measure for a guy who is likable and he was allowed to save face and reject the extension based off the stipulation he get new staff. Who knows? It doesn’t matter.

I’m actually excited for the change. We’ve got a lot of draft capital invested in the offense. I would have loved it if Mularkey could have showed something more than his bunch sets but he just couldn’t.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. nickmsmith

I wouldn't recommend anyone do it, but maybe a bottom feeder would consider. Someone like the Browns would be thrilled to have a season like we had this year, if he could replicate that., just for an example of a crap team.
    Absolutely how I feel.
    Whisenhunt took us to the pit, Mularkey got us back to Fisher level.. a little bit better than late Fisher, tbh. We will see if the next coach will improve or bring us back to Whiz level.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yup, so we're basically back to 2010 except that now we wont have to waste time on Jake Locker and the other misfit QB's we' had to endure.

Mariota and our cap situation should make TN one of the most desirable places to coach right now..

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. ropy0386

ropy0386 Starter

CLOSE THIS MOTHA FREAKIN THREAD!!! lol

10. nickmsmith

and the fact that we were a playoff team this very season, that's rare to see those jobs come up.

Whoever gets the Colts job has to build a winning team from scratch, we have a team that already has the tools for success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar