Coach Calipari heading to Kentucky?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Mar 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

1) He isn't going. He is staying at UT.

2) How is Memphis MUCH better than UT. I would say UT is the better job.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I don't know how much each school offers (money-wise), but Memphis has much more talent. Whoever takes over for them next season will be a lucky man... Also, I believe two of top five prospects are committed to Memphis. Calipari leaving may change that; who knows.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Being a Kentucky boy, I hadda call you out on this... All the homegrown talent now comes to Western Kentucky. Louisville and UK havent had a decent KY product in a few years. Patrick Sparks wasnt bad, but he started out at Western kentucky as well.

5. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

Memphis is actually a Basketball CITY as opposed to Knoxville is a Football CITY ... I don't see UT having a Pro Football team in any time in the near or distant future, but Memphis has a Pro & College Baskbetball team, thanks for playing

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I don't have a finger on the pulse of the Kentucky fanbase, but I remember visiting one of their forums after a loss to UT in basketball during the Lofton years and they were all rumbling about not getting Lofton on their team.
    Not sure if that was 20/20 hindsight or not.

7. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

It is true that getting Mr. Basketball in the state of Kentucky pretty much gets you a free ride to UK, but if you look at the past Mr. Basketballs that went to UK.. Brandon Stockton, Josh Carrier.. etc etc, they were nothing more than bench warmers.

Compared to who Cal is bringing in, I might bet the farm that Mr. Basketball stays on the bench most of his career.

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I agree....but still takes a spot on the bench and that is one less schollie.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

That was because Lofton wanted to go to Kentucky, and they didnt go after him, much like Corey Brewer from Portland. But people werent upset simply because Lofton was from KY, they were upset because he was one of the best players in the conference and would have certainly gone to UK had Tubby offered him a scholarship. Basically, it made people question Tubby's recruiting and his ability to recognize top tier talent when it was staring him in the face.

10. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

The silence is deafening from Bruce Pearl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar