CNN / SI Mock - Cutler a Titan

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Cutler is not overrated. His numbers were good at Vandy, and they are terrible. If you put Cutler at USC and Leinart at Vandy, their stats switch. I'm not saying they would have gotten the same stats. Cutler probably wouldn't have had as good of stats as Leinart did at USC, and Leinart probably would have had a little bit better stats at Vandy than Cutler did. That's why Leinart is the #1 QB and Cutler is #2/3.

Young does have talent and potential. If you say he doesn't, you must be talking about his potential to be a standout scholar (joking from the rumored wonderlic score test). But seriously, his running is proven. His throwing motion is funky, but it works and it's accurate. Yeah he needs to work on his passing; he def. can become a better passer and more accurate and that's what gives him potential.

To me Leinart is #1, #2 Cutler, #3 is Young. I'll be happy to see any one of these three in a Titans uni next year.

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Good post. Only difference I have is I have Leinhart and Young 1A and 1B, the followed by Cutler.

3. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

This is getting really old....I don't know how else to say it. Every QB taken in the draft is a RISK. When people say Young is more of a risk explain to me how. This kid was absolutely electric on the field. And I don't mean "running the ball" electric. If that is a risk...Then it's a risk I'm willing to take.

I think Leinart or Young would be great picks for us. I don't think Cutler is a top 3 pick. Does he have potential? Sure. But top 3, no.

When people start pulling excuses out of there a$$es(sorry Jeff) it upsets me. I'll use Mike Mayock from NFL network as an example. When asked why he thought Young would drop on the boards he said. What a specimen he is everyone was more impressed with his come from behind victory against Ohio State than his victory over USC because he beat Ohio State with his arm. So Then he was asked then why will he drop? Because....(get this)...he isn't a Sophisticated QB....What the?!?!?!?!?

That is reaching people. And it is pathetic.

4. It's very simple, and it's been said many times. Leinart and Cutler have both proven themselves capable of running a conventional, pro-style offense. Young has not.

I have little concern about his accuracy or his throwing motion. It's about his ability to run an NFL offense that concerns me. Young is very much an unknown when it comes to that. Therefore, he is a much bigger risk.

He may well be great. But I don't want to take that big a risk at #3 when there is likely to be another franchise-type QB available.

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

The only one's qualified to tell if a QB is capable of running the Titan's offense are the Titans, not us. I have no doubt that Young could have played at VAndy or USC with success. He was the #1 QB out of HS, so everyone wanted him.

Boy, ain't offseason fun?

6. That doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion on the subject...

I have no doubt that's true. But that doesn't change even slightly the fact that people question his ability to manage an NFL offense.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I would be afraid that Schwartz would try to "domesticate" Williams and, I also would be much happier with Brodie than Omar at the helm. Shucks, we could even just pick up a third somewhere and use it on Croyle or Whitehurst and use our 2nd on a LB or something.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The Titans may bluff the Jets into thinking we want Cutler to get them to trade and take then Young (our original intent anyway). I don't see Cutler wearing 2 tone blue.

I'd be completely happy with this scenario.

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I like the idea of taking D'Brick #3,then second round taking Omar Jacobs. He could be available in the third, so we could trade Volek for a third round pick and take him there and take D'Qwell Jackson (MLB) from Maryland with our second pick. Then we could sign Cato June for the OLB opposite Bulluck.

June - Jackson - Bulluck..I like that..

OR with the second pick take Manny Lawson, if available, put him at OLB and address MLB through FA.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well now that'd be nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar