CNN / SI Mock - Cutler a Titan

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

That's kinda murkey...
    Vick is not the best but this statement is just flat wrong.

SK was calling this born athleticism physical talent. I like that. Also, if you have watched film of Vince Young or have seen him play (myself I have seen 1 regular season Longhorns game and the Rose Bowl) you would see that he is an incredibly accurate passer. I have conerns about his ability to run a pro offense and to read a pro defense that disguises looks and moves much faster. Not to metion how well he will be able to adjust to pro CB's when he rolls out and goes "flat invading". I don't know how that will go. Still, if mobile qb's are not your cup of tea I don't have a problem with any of that but to go as far to call them untalented is... it's alot of things actually but that doesn't really matter I guess.

On Cutler, or on topic rather I would be fine with Jay Cutler. I've heard enough good about him plus he's strong, tough, and big... mobile too...sorta. He's a great hybrid pocket/mobile. Balanced. There's an informed opinion! I've never seen him play and now he's balanced! I might be dead on on that one, still, drafted at #3? Everything I've read the last few months says we pick up an extra 1st day pick and move down for Cutler. That's my only issue with him. Draft value. As I understand it the draft is deep this year and our #3 spot is gold alone outside of the pick itself...

Go Titans.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That's a strange draft, I haven't heard anything about the possibility of the Jets picking Young before, would the 49ers take brick over hawk?

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I certainly wouldn't say Cutler tore it up all 4 years at Vandy. If you want to look at numbers, Leinhart's career kills cutlers.

4. Has any Vandy QB in recent history ever "torn it up"? Of course not, because they all have Vandy WRs, Vandy RBs, and Vandy OLines.

Look, Cutler holds basically all the passing records at Vandy now. Relatively speaking, that's what I'd call tearing it up.

And guess what, there are lots of college QBs who put up better stats than Leinart and didn't do squat in the NFL. Check out this list of the NCAA's best career passing totals (Division 1-A only):
    http://www.football.com/college/records/NCAADiv1CareerPass.shtml

Hell, even the single season records prove they don't predict NFL success:
    http://www.football.com/college/records/NCAADiv1SeasonPass.shtml

Best single season passing efficiency? Shaun King! 2nd best? Mike Vick! Check that out Vince Young fans...

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

+Plus he's used to being dawged, rushed and hit from time to time.
    Playing from the seat of your pants week in and week out may make for a smoother transition to pro than a prospect coming from a crack camando A-TEAM like USC.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Jeez...God forbid one should say anything slightly negative about The Golden Boy on West End.

7. Hey, you have the right to your opinion. But that doesn't mean I have to agree...

My factual point is that Leinart's stats at USC don't prove he'll be any better in the NFL than Cutler. I have no problem saying that Leinart is the #1 QB prospect. But many people are writing off Cutler far too easily and saying that he's all just "hype".

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cutler third?

Prior to the combine it was unthinkable that we would use the third pick for cutler. Now it is at least thinkable. Still probably a reach because it is not just young we have to value cutler above but williams and dbrick. That's saying a lot since williams looks to almost be a sure freeney-kearse type player and dbrick looks like brad hopkins and would likely be our left tackle for the next 10 years. Even aj hawk who some people are comparing to chris speilman or urlacher.

Some serious players we would be passing up to get cutler third. We better consider cutler the second coming of a favre or elway to take him that high. If we take mario williams we have potentially the most dominating butt kicking defensive line in football. There is always omar jacobs in rd 2.

9. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Just as many are writing off Young as well. IMO, I think Young and Leinhart are the top 2 QBs, then Cutler. I wouldn't be dissappointed if we got Cutler because I happen to think our coaches know more about evaluating talent than we do. But right now, I think there are 2 top QB's and then everyone else, so to speak.

10. I'd say Young is the clear #3 QB because he is such a risk (Leinart is the #1 prospect with Cutler #2). There's no way to know he'll be any more capable of handling an NFL offense than Michael Vick. But that's just me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar