Clowney

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tricky, Aug 28, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I'd put it in the second tier.

First tier are teams like the 85 bears. 99 ravens and Titans. The bucs their super bowl year. These teams are rare. Once a decade or more.

Next tier is teams like the 15 broncos, the legion of boom, the steelers under cower. These teams are less rare. There is usually one in the league at any given time.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Daqueef

Daqueef Special Teams Standout

I dont see how you disagree. 2015 Denver Broncos ranks amongest one of the best we've seen. The stats can be misleading due to how inconsistent and turnover prone the Denver offense was for a major part of the year. Broncos defense in the playoffs was one of the most incredible things I've ever seen.

'85 Chicago, '13 Seattle, '00 Baltimore, '15 Denver, ' 02 Bucs

The only reason why the Steelers are not in the GOAT defense discussion is because their Superbowl performance wasn't so great.

Look at all the all-time great defenses and their Superbowl performances. 1985 Bears, 2000 Ravens, 2002 Bucs, 2013 Seahawks, 2015 Broncos. They all flat out won because of their defense and decimated their opponent.

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Still disagree. That broncos D was good, hard to argue they weren’t the best that particularly year but I can’t agree on that level.
    The stats would have to be very misleading for me to buy they’re on the level with those other teams listed.

And to address this again, a great playoff run doesn’t change their overall status.
    Flacco has an amazing playoff run once. Doesn’t make him any more than a above avg QB overall.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I’d put the 08 Titans up there too.

Fat Albert was insane that year

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Wow the cows basically gave clowney away for a 3. Not sure the two players they got were not fixing to get cut. And they did not get oline help. O'Brien not much of a gm or coach

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Awful trade for the Cows lol

Win for the Titans

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Crazy trade, but ok, works for us.

8. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Good year rental for the Seahawks, they’ll recoup the 3rd rounder if he walks. Texans clearly just wanted him gone as they would have got a 3rd round comp for him in the summer and both those guys aren’t much more than depth.

Makes for better reading as a Titan fan than Laremy Tunsil being in Houston (that was never going to happen). BoB has raised some eyebrows with this one...

9. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Cows got robbed

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar