Rumor Clowney just followed our PFF analysts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by STEVE McFLARE, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Especially in a season that has a decent likelihood of being cut short. The smart move IMO would be to go ahead and extend Jayon, Adoree, and Jonnu instead of bringing in a high priced free agent.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

This is a good point that I hadn't thought of specifically. We have some key guys we need to lock up. I'd love to bring in Clowney for ~$16m. But I wouldn't be surprised if this season is over half way through due to positive COVID tests. So smart money would be to roll the cap space to next year to pay our own guys who've earned it.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Clowney price may have just gotten set

4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Hope I was right...

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

My wife and I paid a nice price for my daughter's wedding a few years ago and now she is getting a divorce. A small wedding at low cost seems to make the most sense and use the money on something else.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Griffen is a head case and 32 years old so I'm not sure it makes a huge difference. Really depends on a team's needs and their CAP room but I'd guess Clowney could still get close to $15. .

7. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

A headcase that remained healthy the majority of the season and was a Pro Bowl alternate. Clowney isn't going to fetch anywhere near the 20 million a year he was seeking. I'll be surprised if Clowney lands more than 12 million at this point, the market for his services is drying up and teams are tiring of the "negotiations" or lack there of.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 4
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

I dont see Clowney getting more than 12...unless he waits and injuries occur, but if he was getting 15 he would be signed by now

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Clowney may no longer be an issue.

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar