Rumor Clowney just followed our PFF analysts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by STEVE McFLARE, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I now officially do not think we get Clowney. With the extra cap space created by opt-outs this season, he could go anywhere, even the Patriots. That said, we probably sign him today.

• LOL LOL x 1
  2. Tricky

Tricky Starter

If he planned for this, he is a whole lot smarter than I've given him credit for. Or at least, his agent is.

3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Yeah, the cards could fall right for him. I doubt they foresaw this though. Our chances lessened with the addition of the opt out process if he really is just looking at a 1 year deal.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

If Beasley opts out the Titans will have $34 million in cap space and can make Clowney a very lucrative one year offer. I like Correa, but I'd rather not have him starting opposite of Landry. Beasley's commitment to football was constantly in question during his tenure in Atlanta, if he flakes out I won[t be surprised and the Titans better go all in on Clowney 20+ million a year. I'm not keen of overpaying for an underachieving player that never lived up to the hype, but the Titans could be in trouble at OLB very soon.

5. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Beasley or no Beasley paying clowney 20+ million a year would be stupid. He had 3 sacks last year and stays injured I know we have no pass rush but Clowney is trash.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He is maybe overrated but far from trash

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Dude will probably surprise everyone and sign with Vegas or the Bucs...something out of left field.

8. STEVE McFLARE

STEVE McFLARE Starter

Only time will tell if Clowney wants to be on the greatest teams ever assembled. You have to be a true warrior to be a Titan. Some men are scared they don’t have what it takes!!!! Only time will tell if Clowney has the courage!!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

Yeah, well that's just like your opinion, man. Clowney never lived up to the hype of being a #1 pick, but he's still a good player. Trash would be a great description of someone like Kevin Dodd. Half of Clowney's career tackles were tackles for a loss and he was a good pass rusher when Vrabel was calling the defense in Houston.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  10. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

You have to consider the remote possibility that the season won't happen. In those cases, the teams that didn't give lucrative one year deals are going to look like geniuses, and be able to go into 2021 with a lot of cap space. Perhaps teams are just as slow to sign Clowney as he is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar