Rumor Clowney just followed our PFF analysts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by STEVE McFLARE, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Seems kind of backwards

@Tricky has a point

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Tricky

Tricky Starter

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Young54

Young54 Starter

From one of the articles in the twitter feed:

"After getting Henry’s extension done, the Titans actually have more cap space to work with in order to bring in Clowney, as well as other free agents if they so choose.

The former Heisman Trophy winner’s 2020 cap hit now stands at $6 million, as opposed to the $10.278 million it would have been under the franchise tag. That leaves Tennessee with around $24 million to spend."

I'm all for Clowney but definitely not at his crazy asking price. I'd like to see a portion of that $24M roll over for some of the other guys we need to extend.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

I don’t think JRob would through close to all of the remaining $24M to him. We have a lot to offer Clowney and he’ll get a fair deal but I’d think it’s still around $15M give or take a few million.

I definitely agree we need to use some of the remaining cap space on Jayon, Adoree, and Jonnu. I think Jayon is a lock to get extended. Adoree is up in the air since we can wait to extend him after next season. As for Jonnu, I think it’s in our best interest to extend him but maybe not his. He could ball out this year and get a big pay day.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Shoot let’s get him and Larry at guard

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Buncha dudes tweeting that Clowney is meeting with the eagles and raiders in the next couple days... probably a bunch of bs.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

So how can they have him in but we can't?
    Like you said offer a contract pending physical

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  9. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

I could see Adoree being franchise tagged next season if the team can't work out a long term deal. He's going to be the #1 corner on the team in 2020, he graded out as a top 10 corner by PFF. Unless Corey Davis has some kind of monumental 1,300 yard type of season after having his 5th year option declined we can be sure he won't receive the tag and other than Adoree I can't see the Titans exhausting the tag on any other potential candidates with Tannehill and Henry locked up to long term deals. I'm with you on Jayon the Titans will lock him up, he's been a key cog to the defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar