Rumor Clowney just followed our PFF analysts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by STEVE McFLARE, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I mean he’s solid, but he has never lived up to the “hype”. He’s a tough call because he’s a freak of an athlete, but hasn’t put it all together imo.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He doesnt have to play like the first overall pick for us, we didnt use that pick on him

Hes put it together enough to want

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Clowney's knock has always been he takes plays off and is a big dummy. But he's definitely a freak athlete with top tier edge skills when he's focused.

This is a contract year/tryout. He'll play hard. And if he's here, he'll be playing for a D oriented HC who was in charge of him during his best year. He's worth a one year contract high as 12M IMO. If this weren't a contract tryout I would not be willing to rent him for that amount.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I’m all for getting him, but I’m tempering my expectations!

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

They must know something we don't know.

7. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Yea,I want him but certainly trusting Vrabel here.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  8. 615nick

615nick Starter

He's going to get a one year rental more than likely. He has more time because of covid-19. His agent is just using this time to drive his price up as high as possible. I honestly think we'd be willing to pay just as much as any other team. A bunch of teams will fill their abundance of holes and be out of the market with this strategy. We don't have a ton of holes, so we can play the waiting game and end up getting him for 12-14m, imo, on a one or two year deal. I still think he ends up here, but i could take it or leave it

9. Tricky

Tricky Starter

Completely agree. He will end up with a 1 year $14m deal and will wait forever to sign it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar