Rumor Clowney just followed our PFF analysts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by STEVE McFLARE, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He’s just working it to generate interest and a better offer. I don’t blame him. Being smart.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

This is trolling

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Riverman

How so?

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Getting the fanbase riled up like this means something.

It doesn't mean anything.

People take Twitter way too seriously.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Sometimes people have a really interesting job, like being an extremely gifted and disruptive 3-4 OLB that can line up inside the tackle on passing downs. And people ask them questions. And they answer them.

I'm sure he does enjoy Seattle and would be open to returning under the right circumstances.

6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

It could also hurt him too? Tennessee back off, Jets, if interest is true, back off...leverage goes back to Seattle and their lower than expected offer?

7. Riverman

he just wants the most money he can get. Getting the fan base involved helps him in that way. Just business. Not trolling.

8. Riverman

maybe but I doubt it. I’m sure JRob has a definite best and final $ amount in mind. He won’t be influenced to change by fan base unless there is some direct revenue effect

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

I wish we had drafted a good edge player and to heck with Clowney.

10. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

Personally I don't care if the Titans sign Clowney or not. He's a good player, but he's not a great player who will make or break the 2020 season. He's a tremendous run stopper, but he's not that great at generating pressure. The biggest weakness of the defense last season was pressuring the QB. Clowney has never possessed the pass rushing prowess of a Von Miller or Khalil Mack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar