Rumor Clowney just followed our PFF analysts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by STEVE McFLARE, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Texans' Clowney to have surgery, go on IR (this was micro fracture surgery, by the way)

Jadeveon Clowney Reportedly Will Have Surgery on Injured Knee

Seahawks' Jadeveon Clowney Expects to Undergo Surgery for Core Injury

We about to give a dude $20m a year who has 12 sacks combined the last two years and can't stay healthy?

That's a no from me, dawg.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Blake7511

Blake7511 Starter

One thing I haven’t seen posted is maybe he’s agree to a deal in principle pending a physical but with the travel restrictions that’s put on hold, so the team (not saying the Titans are the team) wants to keep it under wraps. Just a thought.

3. Carp

Carp Starter

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

If we do get him and a team chooses to double team him, Simmons is gonna wreck some havoc.

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. STEVE McFLARE

STEVE McFLARE Starter

He will ****ing kill it

6. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Or Beasley or Landry. Love the versatility he gives us.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Where did he rank in finish rate? I'm so tired of justifying almost sacks.

Dude is about to be on his third team in 12 months. He's incredibly valuable. So valuable no one wants to keep him around.

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I'll give it up to you, I didn't think I would see you until Week 1 making your weekly prediction.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Carp

Carp Starter

The point is, he was still causing consistent pressure and accounting taking extra lineman with him. There certainly are red flags about his game though, most notably his ability to stay healthy. But only a 2 year guarantee would be pretty damn good deal.

Texans just traded a top 3 WR for pennies on the dollar, so I wouldn't bother making sense of what they do. Seattle is currently trying to retain him, so that's poor argument as well.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Clowney isn’t a sack monster. He will never lead the league in sacks. However he is unquestionably one of the best EDGE defenders in the game.

Plus with him lining up over guards he will most certainly win more and get more sacks. Especially with the speed of Beasley and Landry off the outside.

The injury thing is legit but guess what other oft injured OLB we signed recently? Orakpo and that worked out pretty well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar