Climer thinks QB battle is a sham

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I can't remember for sure exactly how much time was left, where we were on the field, and how many timeouts we had.

I want to say we were a few yards from midfield, so we needed around 15-20 yards to have a shot at a field goal. I believe we had no timeouts remaining and there was only 17 seconds on the clock. Something along those lines. He didn't exactly have many options.

Either way, the loss is without a doubt on CJ and the defense.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

This is the type of attitude I am talking about; the "We've had worse, so I can't complain" mentality. Or the "He wasn't that bad, let him play" ... this is they type of thinking that keeps a team mediocre. This organization should strive to be the BEST. That is how you win the SB. You strive to be THE BEST. Teams that win the SB do it because they don't settle for average. This team needs to get rid of the Fisher "Mediocre is OK" mentality. The Pats are in the SB almost every other year because they don't settle.

(I don't think that the team thinks this way still, but the fans/media seem to)

If our QB isn't THE BEST then we SHOULD complain

Hass is ok, but he is not THE BEST. So fooling around with him at starter is a waste of time. Nobody knows if Locker can be the guy, but we know for sure that Hass isn't. (Sounds like you agree with me here, but now I am just ranting)

If your starting QB is not playing at an elite level, then you need to start looking for other options until you find a QB that can.

The whole team looked pretty awful that day. We can say that Brit and Hass made it close, but it was really KB taking short (even tipped maybe) pass, dodging a defender and running 80 yds for a TD. That was really the only thing that made the game close. The rest of the game was pretty pathetic for the most part from every one.

I tend to give MH a pass on that game though since it was his very 1st one as a Titan. I don't give him a pass for the others because he had been here long enough that he knew the offense

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Preach on brotha! This mentality is exactly why this team is always decent, sometimes good, occasionally very good, but never, ever, great.

Your goal as a franchise is to contend for a super bowl. That isn't going to happen with hass. Not this year, not ever. Yes, I know he's been before, but he's too old for us to build around.

Will Locker take us to a SB? I think so, but of course, who knows. But it is time to find out, and start building around him.

4. RavensShallBurn

Taking what I said totally out of context, but alright. Cool.

What QB could we have signed last year that would've been better than Hasselbeck?

5. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

It doesn't matter. We have a QB that can be better than him right now!

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I never said that we could've picked up any better last year ... I am just saying that just because he did decent last year doesn't mean we should be ok with him as the starter again this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

Lol.

I agree. I never said otherwise. Look at jersey under my username. That's been there for months.

I think you're misinterpreting my whole point. I am merely defending Hasselbeck from being compared to KFC and from people acting like he's a terrible QB.

He's not terrible. He's average. We agree on that. But being an average as a QB is still pretty good IMO. KFC was not average. He was garbage... He had one decent season that was all about our defense and running game. Hasselbeck had neither and still did better.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I keep reading that the job is Hasselbeck's to lose. Didn't he play bad enough to lose it in his last eight games? I have my doubts as well to a fair competition, but I have to think the coaches would be crazy to not give Locker a real look.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

None. And I don't have a problem with how hass played last year, outside of a couple of instances.

To me, this isn't about who is better week one, or who is better for next season even. It is about what is best for the long term future of the franchise.

Personally, I think Locker is the better option now. But he certainly is the better option to prepare for the future.

10. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

He unquestionably did, and even more so when you question if his play was enough to keep Locker (8th overall) on the bench again for another year. However, the farther and farther away we get from last year, some fans and all media seem to forget about his play in the second half of last year.

If he starts again this year, they'll be reminded of that play....I hope we avoid that, and get this franchise moving forward.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar