Clements or Samuel?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ROCKYMTNTITAN, Feb 6, 2007.

?
  1. Nate Clements

13 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. Asante Samuel

28 vote(s)
    60.9%
  3. Freeney?

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Other suggestions?

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Well, normally I would agree with you. If we had a good DC, I would say hey, coach em up. But since we have chief red hat, we have to overachieve in personnel so we can be average.

Having two shut down corners may be the only way we can stop the run with Schwartz at the helm. :irked:

2. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I think we'll be able to afford any corner out there... But it's hard to say what the new GM will do with the money. As for getting Freeney, I would highly doubt it.. I could see us drafting a DE this year and maybe even trading up to do so.

3. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

I say Clements cause he's a more likely candidate to be a pick up in the FA. Although, I'd rather see us getting Samuel. Overall I'd prefer Freeney, but I just think that would be out of the question. To me any of these players would be a great addition to this team, I just hope we get one of them!

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Oh you traitor! :))

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If we get pass rushers that means our DB's will get better oppurtunities. So we don't need Samuel or Clements.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

The key word in your statement is IF!!! IF we don't get Freeney or Adalius Thomas, there is a good chance we won't have a major upgrade in the passrush.

Plus, even with a better passrush, Hill's problems playing the ball on Go patterns still would need addressing!

Plus, adding a Samuel or Clements would remove any and all excuses for not playing more man coverage! More man coverage means you have more of an option of blitzing more (at least that's what Schwartz is telling himself)!

Gut

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I just heard the Pats are gonna go hard after Adalius Thomas. That would be sick.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

NO...that would be SMART!

OK, you're right. That would be sick!!!

Gut

9. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

when have the pats gone hard after any big-name FA?

10. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

When did the Titans before last year? I don't know if you noticed but the Pats have been in double secret rebuilding mode over the last two years. Letting there entire WR corps leave(Patten, Givens, Branch), Vinateri, Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, etc. go they're in position once they get rid of Graham and likely Bruschi this offseason to make another run at it. God that's amazing that they've done what they've done during rebuilding years. WTF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar