Clash Of The Titxans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I think CJ gets 1200 with 10 TD's this year and a 4.4/4.3 AVG

would everyone be OK with that?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think that is realistic.

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't think I'd be happy honestly. I think my expectations are just too high for him considering the money he's making.

Now if he went 1200 10 tds and another 800+ receiving, I'd be satisfied. Believe me, i want him to succeed, because that means the Titans are doing well, I just don't think it's gonna happen. I even picked him in my Fantasy league, in the 2nd round, so I don't want you guys thinking I'm a CJ hater.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That's 9 yds per game more than last year. There's only 2 starting RBs in the league last year who averaged less yards per game than CJ; Mendenhall and D'Angelo Williams. Would that REALLY make you feel better about CJ?

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

he didn't have THAT bad of a season statistically last year...It was the inconsistent effectiveness and the way he got his 1000 (-2, 1, 2, -1, 56, -3, 1) that stained the season

6. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

Wow.. I got hit with " Butthurt" , CJ's nutsack , dont name call and the mommies computer bit, man oh man... I havent had an smackdown from an interweb tough guy like that in a while!! I am soo ashamed.

I never said CJ was elite. I said he would contribute. I made it perfectly clear I didnt think he would ever return to 2000 yards, since NO MAN has ever dont that. CJ will be just fine and be a top 10 back for this team. If he isnt you can which I am sure you will come dance around and tell all of us how you knew.

You say you live in " reality ". No you dont. You live in extemes. You said CJ is done. He isnt. You are dead wrong about that. DEAD WRONG. No 1000 yard back is done. Average, but not done. No back that still averages 4 yards per carry is done. You dont like CJ and nothing he does will change that. Thats called an extreme, not reality. Well... it is reality. Its your reality.

Why do the weak argument people always go to salary? What does his salary matter? Is Jwill secretly Bud Adams? IT ISNT YOUR MONEY? What player did the Titans lose out on because of CJ's money? How does what he makes impact the team? IT DOESNT! CJ is still a very good back in this league and there are plenty of teams that would take him in a heartbeat. So he isnt a 2000 every season back.

Jwill, just chill out. I know we all cant be as smart as you. We dont quite have your NFL IQ. But we are trying. Please be patient with us little people on our mommies computers. We are trying. I only get limited computer time between breast feedings.

7. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

How did we go from defense to cj's stats?

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No.

He needs to lead the league in rushing this year for me to be satisfied. He's the highest paid RB in the league (other than AP - who is still rehabbing from an ACL), so he needs to be #1. Guys like McCoy, Foster, Forte, MJD, and others are paid significantly less than CJ, yet they have no problem outperforming him. That's not okay.

1500 yards and 15 TDs on a 4.5 or higher average or else he's still not worth it.

9. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Honestly I'm happy as long as he executes his job correctly. Like someone just said, he stained our season with his inconstant running. -1 -2 56 -3 2 1.

To me those are games where we go 3 and out frequently because we are desperately trying to get the run game going. CJ needs to keep the run game healthy so we can do what we want to now do best, pass the ball.

Don't drop passes, get those 4, 8, 15 yard carries. Keep the D honest = Me very happy.

10. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Uh, aren't we supposed to be dashing the Texans spirit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar