CJ's run is up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by reo, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Riverman an absolutely moronic post. You have nothing to offer to this thread.

1. I have not bashed CJ on this thread or his performance. I simply brought up some factual evidence to suggest that his performance was not unusual and that long runs in preseason games are not unusual. Scrubs, 3rd string guys do it all the time and have this year already!

2. I took the time to actually study some of the top backs over the last decade, backs that we might compare CJ to or hope he will be like and see how common long runs like that occur. Backs named faulk, tomlinson, dunn and barber. By looking at their stats i saw that even they don't break long runs like that even 1% of the time. That even they do not derive even 1% of their total rushing production from those long runs.

Where did i say that anyone claimed CJ to be better than faulk? Find the quote, wrap it and let me see it or else you are lying. I was begging for someone to say he was better.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Perspective..

Reggie bush in 312 career carries has yet to make even one 40 yard+ run.

UDFA raiders runningback louis rankin ran a 72 yarder on his 2nd carry ever in the nfl.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I certainly appreciate your "research" efforts but your logic appears a bit convoluted to me. I believe you are referencing long run stats to support your argument that it is unlikely that CJ will be a premiere play-maker. This, I can only assume, is in reaction to the swell of optimistic posts that CJ will be a premiere play-maker that arose after he did break a 66 yard TD run. I don't understand how you extrapolate that long runs are the only indicator of a "premiere" play-making ability. The logical deduction from your own reference of "long runs" is that there has NEVER been a premiere play-making RB.

Now, my challenge to you (and I will spare the egocentric rhetoric) is to clearly and definitively summarize your point in one or two sentences in as few words as possible. Reading that would give me the impression that you are more interested in exchanging ideas rather than seeking attention for yourself by provoking others with "shell game" logic and inflammatory rhetoric. It is usually a lot easier to simply say "Hey- I may have been wrong about him."

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Riverman wtf are you talking about? RBs are over rated. Even hall of fame backs like bettis and curtis martin were basically just average players most of their careers they just did it enough and long enough to accumulate a lot of yardage.

WTF is a premiere play maker? A guy who gets 3.5 yards on 3rd and 3. That's a playmaker!

As i have said this business about being a home run threat is over rated. Tell me how in the hell i am wrong?

It's about emotion more than reality.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

And take note that the term "premiere playmaker" belongs to riverman but he is demanding that i define it for him. He has yet to define it himself. :suspect:

6. Riverman

Stay on Target RollTide.

I offer my challenge to you again. State your point regarding CJ clearly and definitively in one or two sentences in as few as words possible.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Truly moronic..

There are precious few RBs who are truly impactful over any length of time. Even those who are impactful usually are so because of the talent and circumstances around them. I do not believe CJ is one of those precious few.

Now your definition of premiere playmaker in 1 to 2 sentences because i honestly don't think you have one but reach down in your nether regions and pull one out for a little entertainment.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Riverman

Short of the insult, that is one of the best statements you have ever posted. Very easy to understand and respect. Well done.

What I consider a "premiere playmaker" is irrelevant to the discussion or in response to the well stated supposition you have made above. But for your entertainment I'll comply.

A premiere playmaker is a player who has a greater ability than the average player to make a play in a particular situation.

Although CJ does not have a large enough body of work yet for me to consider him a premiere playmaker, his work thus far in TC and last Saturday suggests he has that potential. And he was the only player to make a 66 yard TD run that evening.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That would make Quinton Ganther a "Premier Playmaker" then wouldn't it?:brow:

10. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

let me know if you need me to proof-read any more of your ramblings rolltide...i'm happy to help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar