CJ's 2012 base salary guaranteed - 8 mil

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

everyone, I was yelling for Amano too be benched w1, agrees that the interior OL was horrid last year. And by benched I meant having a bench slammed upside Amanos blockhead until he lost consciousness.

As for CJ imitating a rolly-polly I really dont care what the catalyst was. His reaction was totally unacceptable. Throwing yourself prostrate in front of the enemy is weak.

Little dude should NOT be a feature back. Titans have a $50m scatback that gets +20 carries a game.
    [​IMG]

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I'm amused at all the hate for Amano (and of course he deserves every bit of it). I just wonder if he knows of it and knows how much most of his own teams fanbase hates him more than any player in the league. Knowing him he probably doesn't even know that people think he's not playing well.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I for one am just glad that all of the contract crap is past us now, and am ready to see what he can do with a full offseason. I really hope that he comes back with a bruised ego for his performance last season (he really should IMO) and plays "pissed off". I am cleaning the slate, and will view CJ with an open mind this coming season.

While on the subject of RB, I, for one, am somewhat surprised that we have not even winked at any of the RBs in the FA market (most notably Michael Bush) to date. Maybe the FO really likes what they see with Harper. CJ needs a power back alternate here to maximize his ability IMO...hopefully that is Harper.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I agree on both counts.

I hope CJ rebounds. I have my doubts, but I certainly hope so.

And you're right, we need to get back to a two back "thunder & lightning" system, like when Lenwhale and CJ were together. I was impressed with Harper last preseason. Maybe he can be the guy. I like Ringer, but he's just not an NFL back of any consequence, and he brings nothing to the table in terms of change of pace.

5. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

if cj has another mediocre season and we dont cut him or make him restructure his contract im going to go crazy...

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Agree 100%
    You-are-amused? This is not fun.

He's sucked for YEARS! It might be somewhat funny if he didn't make our super star RB look like garbage. Even when he got that extension he sucked, and I'm flabbergasted our coaches felt he was adequate enough for this league.

He better know he sucks. He's too afraid/stupid to have twitter so I wouldn't be surprised if he was oblivious to the fact he's the Donnie Nickey of this team. Useless.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like what Mike Otto once said about Amano.

After Amano caught a batted ball vs Tampa last year, Otto said “It was unbelievable,” “I look up and I see Eugene catch it in stride and go downfield … That’s unbelievable. Eugene even looked semi-athletic and that’s impressive.”

I got a good laugh out of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar