CJ2K is ready for holdout.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

To be fair, Munch hasn't had a chance to address the roster other than the draft and confirming VY wouldn't return. We have no indication he plans to keep Gage etc around. Would be nice to compliment Britt w another money WR.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Right I agree, this has not been the season to turn around a whole roster much less a coaching staff. I don't knew if anyone know it would be going on this long.

That is why I think it is important to keep Johnson around and starting the first game. Johnson himself picked a good time for this.

edit- man I cant type worth a damn tonight.

3. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

CJ in his 3 years in the league has been one of the more durable backs in the league. He's stayed healthy (or at leas been able to start) his entire career in TN. Besides missing a game and his Raven's exit he's been out there every time that we've needed him. Even some of the bigger backs can't make that claim despite weighing much more.

Barring any serious leg injuries I don't see CJ slowing down too much in the next 3-5 years. Even if he isn't 4.2 fast, he'll be 4.3 fast which is still faster than 98% of the backs in the league. That numbers even smaller for starting backs.

CJ's earned his paycheck. He deserves to be paid like a top runningback in the league.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

he already cashed 2 signing bonuses and plenty of game checks. Hes earned nothing he has not been paid for.

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Right, but paid far less than what he's worth. that's his gripe, and how could you blame him? There are mediocre backs in this league that make far more than CJ!

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

he needs a better agent then and he should not have signed any contract he was not in agreement with.

And I get the point the CJ has outperformed his contract. I guess the Titans should expect the long line of underperformers to line up and throw CAP $$$s back to the Titans cause every player gets exactly what they deserve instead of what their contract says.

7. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

It's this simple. The Titans don't really have a choice, because CJ is the focal point of their new offense. Palmer has said that, and it's abundantly clear anyway. Knowing this, I promise you that their plan has been, and still is to sign CJ long-term before the coming season.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

ok, but hes already locked up for this season and the next. No need to do a deal today or even this year.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There's a need to do a deal if the Titans want him to actually show up to play. You are trying to make this into something far, far more simple than it really it.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

its really not any more complicated than that. Dude signed a contract, 2 of them. Live up too them like a man and stop being a punk about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar