CJ video ......

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bluewaterpirate, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Blue pirate reveal yourself!

Are you related to chris johnson? The next woolfolk's uncle?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nQ5I2HVWlkk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nQ5I2HVWlkk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

To think we could have drafted this guy 60 picks later. I don't see the difference except slaton lit up georgia in a way they are never lit up. 204 yards against a georgia defense in the sugar bowl:rolleyes:

3. Nine

Nine Starter

LOL.....

RT & BWP arguing over whether the glass is half-empty or half-full.

4. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

You forgot Reggie bush has 1159 yards recieving on top of that, Lng 74.

For all of the stuff that you're criticizing for, Slaton is even smaller, and runs on the outside just as much, and not as quick. Not only that, he wasn't even the best RB on the team *cough Noel* Not to say he won't be good in the pros or whatever.

At this point, I think its time to agree to disagree. There's little chance you can convince me that he is a bad pick, barring an investigation linking him to Michael Vick. On offense, the fastest nor the quickest guy wasn't our RB or WR. We added a guy who has alot of speed, and on top of that produced in college plus coming up big in his last bowl game to the tune of 300+ yards.

I wonder, if we drafted Lavelle Hawkins in the 2nd (he was predicted 2nd-3rd by alot of experts mock drafts), we prolly wouldn't be hearing any of this, because it showed that it was a priority. People would most likely praise the pick, saying he was the best available wideout, very much the same way with CJ.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If you honestly think Steve Slaton was worth drafting within the first 4 rounds, your last 20 posts bashing Chris Johnson can go ahead and be deleted.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

but but but he had a good game vs an sec team! He's got to be great!
    Don't bring up the game vs Pitt though where he averaged 1.2 yards per carry on 9 attempts for 11 yards. (thanks to a single 5 yard run)
    After all, isn't that what he's knocking CJ for?

Or even better, when he averaged 2.4 per carry on 18 attempts vs SOUTH FLORIDA.
    lol

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

For the love of stupidity!

I was talking about slaton as a third rd pick. You can have imperfections as a third rd pick. You can take a guy in that rd to be a utility player. You can take a guy in that rd who maybe isn't en every down back.

How moronic! I didn't say draft slaton instead in rd one! I said we could have had a back with similar characteristics 2 rds later!

And slaton's faults are similar to chris johnsons. And no johnson is not bigger. Johnson and slaton are almost identical in size. Slaton is 5'10 195.

Gloat writes about a bad game slaton had against pitt. Johnson had a game like that against friggin rice! A first rd pick got stopped by rice!

You guys can't understand basic concepts?

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Timed speed almost meaningless for a runningback.

Chris johnson has speed duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Well then westbrook sucks 4.57!

Emmitt smith will never make it 4.62!

Terrell davis ran a 4.6!

Even marshall faulk was only a 4.5 guy!

In the 2007 nfl combine who was the fastest back? Chris henry! We drafted the fastest guy from last year but we still need speed! WTF!

Interesting study that shows how meaningless this all is.
    http://junkcharts.typepad.com/junk_charts/sports/index.html:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Chris too hot to handle johnson!

Appeared in 48 college football games.

Ran for a 4+ average yard per carry 22 times.46%

Ran for less than 4 yards a carry 26 times..54%

In 54% of the games this guy played he couldn't crack the 4 ypc mark!

In 50% of the games he played he couldn't crack lendale's 3.7 ypc last year.

Shoot we should have traded up for that guy!

10. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/rb.html
    http://walterfootball.com/draft2008RB.php
    http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/OFF/RB
    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/players.php?genpos=RB&draftyear=2008&sortorder=tsxpos&order=ASC

There is a reason Chris Johnson was ranked anywhere from #4 to #6 on all of these mock drafts, and Steve Slaton was ranked 11th+. There games aren't identical.

You act as if we are high on him because of his 40 time. We're high on him because of the versatility he can bring to the table. All those guys u listed have game speed, not just a 40 time. Not only on the forums, but NFLTA, and ESPN have shown clips of him just absolutely abusing people with his speed. His speed isn't just timed, and I don't even see how anyone can say he has a slow game speed. Just look at the tapes...

You also allude to him doing nothing in college, a Chris Henry 2.0 or what have you, listing sub-par playing. You reason that if Rice can stop him, how can he be a good player? I put to you, how can he have a 300+ game in the Hawaii Bowl to a team who was ranked in the AP top 25, and was sure to shut him down like Rice.

He had 4280 yards combined rushing and recieving in his career, and his average over his career was 4.6 or something like that (not exactly sure)
    He finished up extremely strong, with his senior year practically a season of highlights.

You are aware, that Chris Henry wasn't ranked in the top 10 RBs, and projected 5th rounder on most boards, listing him as anywhere from 13th to the 18th best back? Even with his combine numbers, no one but the Titans believed him to be worthy of taking him as the 4th back to be taken in the draft

In this year's case, 4 backs were taken in 23 picks, and several other teams needed Rbs, so what do the Titans do? get the 5th best running back. Its not much of a stretch.

Rolltide, its pretty clear you wanted a WR.

Please tell me which one you wanted in the 1st round, and explain to me why of all the WRs, Donnie Avery was the 1st one to come off, and that was in the 2nd Round of the draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar