CJ: The highest paid scrub in the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Anthony4Titans, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If I were C.J. I'd be really mad. There's someone going around wearing his pads and stuff and making him look really bad.

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

people seem to get wrapped up in stats. that's all CJ is.. he's a stats guy. I'm sorry, i'd rather have championships over stats. Yeah, he ran 2k yards in a season but that doesn't mean squat to me. All i remember is an 0-6 start and fisher telling young to hand the ball off every play for the rest of the season because there was no shot at making the playoffs. Fisher knew the season was over and even implied that he wanted CJ to get that record. The 20+ yard runs are awesome but the NFL is a smart league and Chris Johnson is a one trick pony who can largely be gameplanned because of O line deficiencies. I don't care if Chris Johnson runs 3,000 yards in a season. If we have a losing or 8-8 record with no playoffs, I think the record reflects on how poorly of a passing game/qb we had as opposed to the skill level of CJ. The NFL has almost 5 years of film on CJ... There's a reason he only gets 1-2 yards a carry and when someone misses, he's gone... but if they dont miss, he looks ordinary and even expendable.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

When I say one trick pony.. remember that option play that VYCJ ran that season.. They got atleast a few hundred yards of his 2k total on that school yard bs play. The nfl figured it out and they stopped trying that play because it was easily figured out.

4. lol Spygate

lol Spygate Starter

Speaking as a Pats fan, our run defense has always been pretty good and our LB core is quite effective at stopping it. belichick schemes to take away a teams nest weapon and he does it well. I wouldn't be so down on him after just one game.Now if its the same thing 3 games from now, I'd change my tune.

he cost me a game in fantasy too. :wall:

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

its really old news to us, CJ just has not been effective

6. imbread

imbread Starter

i sure pats d is pretty good stopping run but its seems like every team that plays the titans are too

7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I spent all day dog cussing CJ.

What a worthless bum. I hope to GOD we cut his ass at the end of the season. He is worse than useless.

Just like last year, we had to abandon the run by the second quarter because captain vajayjay kept dancing and cutting everything back for a three yard loss EVERY DOWN. Even the CBS commentator was saying "He's gotta stop cutting back."

He has been cold GARBAGE ever since he got paid. I for one have seen all I care to see. I'm absolutely fine with cutting him tomorrow, and I am not overreacting. Harper, Ringer, Reynaud, or a random fan from section 123 wouldn't be any worse.

Screw you CJ. You're dead to me.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Hi LOL. First of all, very impressive performance by the Pats. Ya'll did probably make us look worse than lots of defenses would have. Unfortunately, CJ looked exactly like this last year as well. Nearly every game in fact. Not taking anything away from your defense or coach. They certainly look stout against the run but I caution you to not read too much into today's game. I think most fans around the league still view CJ as an elite back. It simply isn't true. We haven't had a legit running attack since 09. Thanks for visiting us. We love respectful visitors.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If it were just this one game you'd have a point. But this is pretty much exactly what the run game has looked like for the majority of last season as well.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Exactly. Its not "just one game" its basically two seasons now. Sure, He'll explode against some crap defense like the Browns from time to time, but the bottom line...

When the going gets tough, CJ vanishes.

Oh, and if you wasted a top 10 pick on CJ, and you are a titans fan, you should've known better. I had him (#4 overall) last year, and I wasn't going to this year, no way, no how. He was availiable at my pick (#8) and I went with forte instead.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar