CJ says he’s not to blame for rushing woes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

See the game last night? Andre Brown, some scrub who has been cut SEVEN times, often got yards where there wasn't much room to run. But he'd press into the back of the OL until he had enough seam to pop out the other side. Then he was off to the races.

CJ is hesitant. He's not attacking holes. He's totally missing holes. He's not seeing opportunities.

Is he 100% to blame? Of course not. But he's in total denial if he thinks he's not a big part of the problem.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I re-watched all of the run plays from the Chargers game last night. I also have re-watched his highlight reels from the previous years. One thing that is obvious from his highlight reels is that on most of his long runs they happen when he either has a fullback or pulling lineman leading him into the hole or when he gets the ball on a toss rather than a handoff. When he knows where the hole is supposed to be, he runs to the hole with good speed and then is able to make his cut. I really feel that he has a hard time making up his mind where he should run when we run the stretch play with the zone blocking. That is why he pitter-patters with his feet.

Actually in the Chargers game we ran several none zone blocking plays. We had Hutchinson pull on one play, but he was too slow and didn't get his guy trapped and thus CJ got nailed. On another very well designed up the middle run it was blocked perfectly...even Cook was able to make a decent block on the Lber...but the safety made a great read and attacked the hole and nailed CJ for a 2-3 yard gain. If the safety actually bit on the play action then CJ would have had a nice gain, but instead he was in the box immediately to make the play.

We need more toss plays and more fullback/trapping/pulling OL plays and the run game will improve.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

LOL I'm the joke? At least Kaeotik and SureThing try to make actual points to back up their claims. You constantly rant and rave a bunch of nonsense then throw an exclamation point at the end and then think you just schooled somebody.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Can we stop calling each other names please? Nobody here deserves to be called a joke, and nobody's swinging from anyone's nuts or jockriding. I agree that a good power back would be more effective for the Titans right now, but I believe the team was aware that they had a speed back when they started running this scheme. If you want to knock CJ for being unable to be effective while the blocking is awful, go ahead, but it's undeniable that when the blocking was good, he had one of the greatest seasons any RB has ever had in the NFL. Now I'm not saying he's still capable of that level of greatness, but he is real fast, and if he had holes like he did back then to hit, he wouldn't be running so hesitantly, and he would be getting long runs pretty much every week. It's not that CJ's not doing anything wrong, it's that the lack of confidence in the scheme and his teammates has him confused and defeated mentally. The O-Line started falling off in a hurry in 2010, were awful most f last season, and are literally seem as if they are just physically weak and horrible at the same time this year.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

It's naive to disregard stats over and over again. I've thrown countless statistics at this board that prove CJ isn't the problem (Offensive line numbers, Javon Ringer's YPC, Harper's YPC). I have YET to see one statistic that goes against CJ. All you guys are going on is that weird angry feeling you get when he gets a handoff and is hit by 3 defenders in the backfield.

Ok so he got stupider over the course of the last few seasons? That's your angle? How do you lose decision making?

Show me something concrete that shows a flaw that we haven't already known about his whole career. Dancing isn't a flaw because flaws don't get you 2000 yards and 30 mil guaranteed.

7. TheSureThing

LOL. your proving my point!!! RB's are only as good as the OL's! The difference between a CJ and a Andre Brown isn't that significant, it's the porous OL CJ has to run behind and the great OL Brown gets to run behind.

Fact. Opinion. Opinion. Opinion.

Depends what you're blaming him for. If you wanna blame him for dancing and trying to get big gains which is what he's done his whole life, go ahead but I won't. If you're blaming him for a sucky YPC AVG than you're wrong. He's 0% to blame for that because I've seen 3 other runningbacks have sucky YPC Averages with the same offensive line.

8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I'd like to see him stop the hesitation and just take the few yards the d gives him. That said, he's constantly hit in the backfield for a loss when he does get the ball. The oline has been terrible. I can't say CJ isn't to blame at all, because he does deserve some. For him to say otherwise makes him look like a douche.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not sure how much of 'the Vagician's contract is guranteed but dude flat out sucks and the Titans payed him. :cj: has flat out sucked since the Titans payed him. Could be a reason the team, sometimes, appears hesitant too pay guys

10. TheSureThing

Thats just a credit to the dumb Titans front office. Why pay your RB that much money when you have the worst offensive line in the league? It's like trying to build the 2nd floor to a house before you build the first, very dumb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar