CJ is the 'Rob Deer' of the NFL

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

With the right offensive coordinator, yes.

Imagine CJ with Sean Payton, Andy Reid or Chip Kelly.

But, we're stuck with Bilbo Lowgains, just sad.

2. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Rushing yards isn't a major category? In the AFC the conference we play in is an important stat. It doesn't need to be trivialized. 3rd most in the conference is decent. Not what we expect or want from him, but decent. All I am saying that on the side that we play 12 games in, he can have a bad year and still finish 3 or 11 if u want in the nfl. Not bad for a player who has had a down year. Just think if he can play like he did last game next year?

If we can get him to play like that for the majority of next year, how many still want to cut him? I know its a gamble, but too me and hopefully the front office, its a gamble worth risking if it only saves us 4 million. Getting a speed quality back is easier said than done.

3. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

He'll be back next year. He'll never be CJ2k again, but he's the biggest name in Titans uniform, and they have to pay someone. League demands they spend payroll. I've never been a CJ fan because of the strikeout ratio. I always preferred the Eddie George type.

At least he's durable (never missed a game, AFAIK) and is not prone to fumble.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

fishface sat him heading into the POs against the ratbirds. :cj: sat his skerdy arse down himself in that PO game. Post game :cj: declared himself 'every coaches dream'

cant make that crap up

5. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Anyone else see CJ shedding a tear as he left the locker room this morning? Call for him to be cut if you want, but it's tough to find a RB that practices and plays hard every week. I still believe he can be a good asset to a team if used properly. He wasn't used properly this season.

CJ.jpg

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Spotrac has his cap number at 4 million in dead money with 2 million in 2016 as a roster bonus.

Also his top 3 in the conference is only good for 11th in the NFL. He only had 2 games over 100 yards and he had 6 games under 50 yards. He also had a sub 4 YPC average. That's deeply troubling for the highest paid player on the team.

7. Finnebosch

CJ plays hard every week since when?

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

He definitely turned it up a notch this year.. tough to play hard when they keep running you up the gut every play though...

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

why?

not that I think all those runs are called that way. Althogh there was some limited success against the cows porous run D sunday

10. Finnebosch

IDK if I call twisting backwards and butt scooting across the LoS playing hard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar