Chris Palmer and the Run Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

We don't even adapt noticeably at half time, It seems like the other team always does.

2. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Watched the coaches show (Titans on 2 w/ Munchak) last night.
    They asked about the 3rd & 1 throw to the end zone but NEVER asked or said a word about the ridiculous draw play for no gain with time running out and no time outs.

Lol! Munchak probably told them NOT to ask about it because there is no explanation or excuse for it. Lol!

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I noticed the same. I also noticed he wasn't asked what happened to the running game after two successful weeks.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah if you're expecting tough questions then Titans on 2 is definitely not the show for you. Which is understandable. It is the coach's show after all. I used to watch Fisher's show every now and then until I realized it was basically just a whole show's worth of coach-speak and a waste of my time.

To be fair, I haven't even seen the show since Munchak has been the HC but judging by the previous two comments it doesn't sound like much has changed.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The players make that show. How else would we know Colin McCarthy only knows football and draws a blank in regard to any other topic. Classic!

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Agreed....but they did ask about the 3rd & 1 fade pass.....so I thought they might ask about the other.

7. amy

amy Starter

Well, then, you and the other most knowledgeable fans go down and apply for Palmer's job, then you all can get CJ to do what he is paid big bucks to do, can get the Oline to do, and all the rest.

Palmer does what he thinks will work at the time. I'm pretty sure the decisions are a lot harder than you think they are. If not, then please become an offensive coordinator, make the big bucks, and make all right decisions. But don't make any wrong ones or you will have the fans on you like flies........:rolleyes:

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Sorry amy, but fans on a team forum are going to piss and moan about things they don't like. It's just the way it is. If it were sunshine and lollipops all the time then things would get boring in a hurry.

For the record, I don't think I'm a better OC than Palmer. Really don't know where that rant came from. I just made the simple, factual statement that I can usually call out our runs with uncanny accuracy (and I'm not the only one). Point being, I am NOT an NFL coach so if I can call them then you can sure as hell bet NFL defensive coordinators and players can call them.

Perhaps predictability is playing a role in the run game's struggles? It's not a crazy notion.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

im going to go with this ridiculous zone blocking scheme. nothing else has changed other than that.

the two things that pissed me off the most this season is that and the prevent D....

witout them, id imagine we'd have 2/3 more wins right now..and controlling or destiny

10. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Correct. Nobody on here is saying we're smarter or would run a better offense, but there are certainly better people that could do a better and less predictable job i'm sure. Our running problems have many sources like CJ, the line, & Palmer so why not try to fix as many as possible? CJ will be here no matter what so let's fix the other two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar