Chris Mortensen sees Titans taking Bortles at #11

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Two Kings, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Next years draft is LOADED at the top with QB's. However, if a top QB falls this year: Manziel, Bortles, snag him. If we get Carr or Bridgewater, we can trade back for them (in my opinion). The rest are all second round (Mettenberger, Garoppolo, maybe McCarron) and beyond (the rest)

2. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Just say no to Bortles. Slow, wanky throwing motion. No, just no.

I'm calling it right now. Assuming Carr goes to a team with an intent to protect him, he will be a franchise QB. He threw 50 touchdowns to 8 interceptions, called all the plays, called the routes, and ran the hurry up. He can step in right now and be more NFL ready than Locker in that regard. He is accurate, and has the best arm in the draft(accounting accuracy and arm strength). Gruden is with me on that one.

I think what is scaring teams away, is that he has the same weakness of his brother: He shies from getting hit, and the only time the ball gets away from him is when he is about to get hit.

With Whis, he will be getting the ball out quick. But aside from that, it's not like flinching is a problem you can't fix. Yell at him enough times about it and I bet he stops.

I was a catcher when I played baseball, and I had a bad habit of trying to glove everything, and would flinch when the ball was low and bouncing up. So the coach made me put my hands behind my back and started hitting the in the facemask and chest protector. What do you know? I stopped flinching.

You can teach him to plant his feet, hang tough, and get rid of the ball.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

You realize that statement is said every year right?

Every year there is some qb crop that's just glimmering with talent in August and September and then come April it's a bunch of hogwash and the qbs start to slide and maybe one or two are overdrafted based on TV draft analysis. While maybe 1 really was the truth

Every year has the "next big thing" lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

Not likely. Not even remotely.

5. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

6. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Bortles would help the Titans win more games when Locker does go down - compared to captain clipboard.

Id go Barr though at 11 - seems like the safer pick with huge upside given his little experience playing on the opposite side of the ball in college - so I think he can only improve the more experience he gets.

7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

And he thinks Bortles will be available?

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I guess. I can see him dropping.

9. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Way to take that out of context and not even give a substantial response, short bus.

Good stuff.

10. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

Yea man, f'n fail.

Watch one game of bridgewater or at least (AT THE LEAST) look at his stats/box scores before blabbering about how he's a runner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar