Chris Mortensen sees Titans taking Bortles at #11

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Two Kings, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Lol do I even respond to you with what you just said? The dude is a pocket passer first. End of discussion.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah. It's luck. There's a good chance that at least 3/4 of these QBs (and any 1st round QB from any year) will end up busts. It's just slightly less than a crapshoot.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Bortles is the guy I want least. I'm worried his draft stock has been elevated because he "looks like a quarterback" and the other guys don't. Blaine Gabbert syndrome, in other words. I would pass.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Clark

Bortles is more like locker IMO. Manziel is a Vick comparison. Bridgewater is more matt Ryan.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Aside from the fact they are both QBs, no.

If Bridgewater makes plays with his feet, he does it in the pocket or rolling out.

He also doesn't have a cannon, but great short range accuracy. The opposite of Jake Locker.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Bridgewater's career rushing stats:
    226 rushes, 170 yards, 0.8 avg, 6 TDs

BALLER!!!

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I just said this the other day that I think Bortles is a Locker clone. It would be completely stupid to take him.

8. Clark

Yea that's the first comparison I ever
    Made with him. I'm sticking to it. Not on my "please draft" list at all.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Thirded that Bortles is so similar to Locker that it might be dumb to take him. If you like that model of QB, stick it out with Locker for one more year.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Not necessarily.

A lot of people have similar styles.. some end up doing well, some end up sucking. Some people are very similar in style, form, size, arm strength, but are worlds apart in NFL career success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar