Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I don't have a problem with CJ getting stuffed, I have a problem with how little creativity we are using with his playstyle. I'm so sick of seeing us run him up the middle, or do delayed hand offs up the middle..where are the reverse pitches, options, sweeps etc? Don't have to do it every other play but come on...it's tiring just to watch that, I'm sure CJ is sick of it as well.

2. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Like i said, for what he's doing to our passing game, im not worried about CJ at all. Did you guys even see our passing offense yesterday? It was awesome, and if Britt doesn't pull a hammy on the bomb, he would have aded a long TD. As long as we keep throwing, we will get CJ more space. But it's pretty difficult to do so when the entire defense is watching you. When he heads for the corner theres always a guy upfield trying to stop the long run. It's just not there. You wanna blame someone, blame whoever moved our oline around. Blame whoever decided not to call Mawae, blame whoever stopped calling options and such, blame Amano for not being able to hold a block without grabbing jersey, blame scaife for being a mediocre blocker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It can't all be blamed on CJ as the O-line has looked pretty turrrble all season long. However, he does deserve a good bit of the blame. Too much dancing. Some bad decisions/reads. And you can say it ain't so til you're blue in the face but I think he has clearly lost a step. Sure he's still faster than just about everyone else but you're kidding yourself if you think this is the same guy from '09. Maybe all the carries are catching up with him. Maybe his diva act in the offseason got in the way of a proper training regimen. Maybe he's injured. I really don't know. But something's different this year and it's not just the line and opposing defenses stacking the box (they did that last year too BTW).

I'm not saying the guy sucks or anything like that. I love having him on the team. But he's clearly experiencing the post-2K drop-off just like every other 2K back before him. Sorry guys, but turns out he's not the break-the-mold freak of nature we had hoped. Stop making excuses for him.

4. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

CJ could use some help. Mainly, Vince. When his ankle heals I hope we see him roll out and throw or run. offensive play calling is too predictable.....STILL!

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Cj will finish number 1 in rushing in the entire NFL i promise that!!!

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I really don't know what you guys want them to do. It's not like we're calling run, run, pass anymore. They've definitely opened things up as the season has progressed.

7. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

The opposing teams are stacking 8 or 9 men on the line, they STILL think our passing is weak so they will stack that many to stop Home Run Johnson, it's hard for ANY back to run against that many people.

8. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

I think our bad run game is a combination of problems. I think it starts with losing Kevin Mawae and moving Eugene Amano to center. I also believe that there are way too many plays called for CJ to go up the middle instead of stretch or toss plays to either side. Screen's used to work good, but you rarely see that anymore either. CJ is not that bang it up the gut type back, he's an all or nothing type back. I really wish that the carries would get split up more between Ringer and CJ.

I can't help but get frustrated with the play calling when I know that CJ is an all or nothing. Just like this past Sunday before the half. 1rst down, CJ run. No gain. 2nd down, CJ run again. Same thing, ended up being like 3rd and 14.. I don't remember the actual numbers but it didn't get converted. If CJ doesn't get anything on first down, then don't hand it to him again. And, I don't understand why there isn't more play action if the defenses are really so afraid of CJ.

9. stump1000

stump1000 NFL Insider

They are getting a lot better as the season goes on but, there was a couple of times in this game where it was run, run, pass, punt.

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

it's the type of runs...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar