Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

That's just your run of the mill blog site. That would be OK if they were basing their opinion on correct stats. You can check any stats site. CJ had 5.8 YPC running up the middle last season, not 3.71 YPC as they stated in their article. They were/are basing CJ's effectiveness on a false stat.

2. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Plus 10000000000000000

3. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I wouldn't say he sucks but he is definitely the weaklest link on the line. Now that he's our centre that's a big issue.

He's too small/short. He looks like a smurf next to Harris yet they're both listed as 6'3. Move Harris to centre and play Velasco at left guard.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

With Moss, teams can't stack the box as often anymore. This is magical.

5. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

You know Miami is saying "Hrmmmm" right about now.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

^^^

We would be thinkig the exact same thing if they made the move for Moss. Marshall and Moss just wouldn't work together unless Pennington is QB. Wait a minute...

7. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

No more Polamolu stalking the line of scrimmage.

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Ignorant logic. Take away any players best plays and see how they look. I get tired of people saying that garbage: 'oh yeah well pretend that this very good play never happened and he doesn't even have a good play'. Good point pal.

I actually agree with the idea of this thread, but some of your reasoning is ridiculous. We need more of Ringer, he is a strait up pound the hole style of runner. CJ is a big play threat, and is looking for it on every play. Sometimes he just needs to hit whatever hole he sees and get a couple instead of waiting for a huge play to develop and getting nothing. It is partially the lack of run blocking this season, partially the defenses stacking the box, and partially the play calling. If I know a halfback dive is coming from the shotgun on almost every third down, what makes you think the defenses don't know that?

We have to execute our blocking assignments, mix in a little Ringer to change pace, and call better plays for CJ (sweeps, first down draws, tosses, etc). Christ, has anyone seen CJ put in motion or lined up in the slot once this year? Why the hell not move him all over the place? Force defenses to expose their coverage on him? I just don't get it, he's not doing as well as last year, but he's also being terrible misused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar