Chris Johnson thinks he could beat Usain Bolt in the 40

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Really? EVERY player in the league is asked the same kinds of things and many make a point of saying they want to put the team's success before their own.

I challenge you to find me any quote from CJ which says his goal is to make the team better.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Who cares who prompts the statement? Every celebrity gets asked silly questions. Stupid ones answer them stupidly. Of course, interviewers are trying to get a headline statement from you. People like John Mayer and CJ take the bait, trying to make a spectacle of themselves.

You are responsible for the words that come out of your mouth by your own free will. Especially so when on the air or in print.

CJ is jealous because Bolt makes more money than he does. CJ, if you're so freaking fast and good, why aren't you in the olympics for track? They'res obviously more money in it than in the NFL if you're as great as you think you are.

He should put his money where his mouth is, and I don't mean more gold teeth.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Just going from memory, but I do believe CJ has in fact said something about the teams success over his own. Not sure if it was regarding his weight or the offense shifting to a pass first offense, but it was recent. I'll look for it later.

6. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

He literally just said that in the past week. He said his main goal is to win a super bowl and reach the playoffs again and that was more important than him running 2000 yards again. I know somebody will post the direct quote because I read it this week.

7. TitanJeff

If he said it, I'm glad.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

CJ likes his stats. We know that. To a point he is a selfish player. He wants to win more than anything though. C'mon guys. The man had a bad year and was certainly partly to blame for it. Let's not get carried away though. Like he doesn't care about winning? Please!

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I can't find the quote so maybe I'm wrong but I saw this in an older article from June.

"When I ran for 2,000 yards my goal was to be the best player in the league and I still want to be that. In order for my team to make it to the playoffs, make it to the Super Bowl, I’m going to have to be the best.”

10. TitanJeff

No one said he didn't care about winning. My point is that he is all about self-promotion and cares about his own numbers over the team's. Apparently, I'm not the only one with that perception.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar