Chris Johnson & The 30 day rule

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well this is just another good example to why the Titans shouldn't be worried about C.J.'s actions negatively influencing the rest of the team. The whole freaking league seems to want to hold out. Nearly every day we're seeing a new name asking for a pay increase.

I mean personally, how much money does one need? Give me $5M and I'm set for life. After that it's all about respect and reputation. That's just me I suppose. After I'm financially secure I'd just wanna have fun being a football player. But how often does someone get a shot at more than $60M...

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CJ can buy a lottery ticket if he wants a shot at $60m

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If he shows up to claim his year towards free agency, then this has all just been softball. If he's willing to lose the year towards FA status, then he's willing to sit out until week ten. I seriously doubt that it would come to that. I'm fine with him sitting out until then, and I'm not even sure that he'll go that far.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

ChrisJohnson28
    Just got off the phn w/ my agent & its not gd news I'm feeling lk @Revis24 rt now at least dey offering him (cont) http://tl.gd/1t6veb
    3 minutes ago via UberTwitter

ChrisJohnson28
    How do u wnt player 2 honor their contract but the team dont have 2 honor it. If u dont wnt 2 pay a player early dont cut a player early.
    less than 5 seconds ago via UberTwitter

ChrisJohnson28
    Its like how u expect ur players to give they all and put their bodies on the line when you not willing to give them what they deserve
    less than a minute ago via UberTwitter

5. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

I say trade him. Fisher & the FO feel that RBs are a dime a dozen. I say trade him while his stock is high. CJ is about to be yet another great football player who didn't spend enough time in this city. The sooner everyone comes to grips with this, the better off they'll be.

I mean, seriously folks. The writing is on the walls.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Dude is really starting to piss me off. Just STFU already and do the job you're paid, very handsomely, to do. He's already pocketed 7 mill in two years and he WILL get his big payday. Maybe not right now like he prefers but wah freaking wah. That's life. And CJ lives a pretty damn good one. I've lost a ton of respect for the guy over the past few months.

7. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

I still believe he got a 3 year contract, he has to hold up to the honor, and do it. Wish my teaching helpers job at my elementary school I can hold out and request to get a raise in my contract to 18,000 a year, instead of 32 million a year....

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Those tweets are garbage...

In what way are the Titans not honoring the contract?

I presume that he's talking about other players getting cut, so they don't actually receive the full value of their contract. Guess what? An NFL contract is contingent upon you remaining talented enough to stay on an NFL team! It's the toughest competition in the world (for Football), that's why you get paid so much! However, you'll only get paid if you're good enough to stay. The only thing guaranteed for a player is the salaries guaranteed for skill, injury, and cap. Most of the time, the signing bonus will be guaranteed unless the player voids the contract in some way.

Basically, CJ took the 7 million, he's the one not honoring the contract.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

There is a 0% chance of him being traded. People really need to stop talking about it like it's something that happens in the NFL. Guys hold out all the time. They never get traded because of a holdout.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

CJ airing his dirty laundry directly to the public is lame in itself. When he does get his money hopefully he spends some of it on English classes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar