Chris Johnson SUCKS!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Sep 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Ringer had a good day..Harper needs to be more physical.

2. amy

amy Starter

Maybe CJ knew he was on the back side of fast and made a major play to get the money before he showed just how slow he is. Smart move. As for the FO, they should know now that players should have to prove they deserve the pay they ask for. Live and learn, I guess.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

LOL...yeah I was one of those guys, although I was not a fan of the holdout.

I have said this before, but here goes...

It appears that part of the reason CJ was paid this season is retroactive (based on past performance), which I still do not have much of a problem with.

That said, I really do not want to hear about how evil our FO is for a good long while. We could have just let him collect dust in Orlando this season, and would probably not be any worse off for doing it. However, he got PAID, by our Evil Meanie FO, so I really do not want to hear about how horrible we are about treating players at this point.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

That's really not a good way to look at his. Obviously he's not performing as a top 10 back but if you put every RB on our team one at a time and tried to run they would all come up with different variances of garbage outside of maybe Peterson.

5. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

I think the first step to fixing the run game is to try to either get Ringer and or Harper more involved in the running game. CJ isnt getting it done. Ringer has shown some flashes, but mostly nothing. I really do want to see what Harper can do.

Sadly in terms of personnel, CJ's contract will hamper that. The Titans should have let him hold out until he rotted.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Again, I agree with this. We have what we have... time to make something out of it.

Thing that bothers me most about CJ is that the Titans have shown an attempt - not huge, but it's there - to try to get their Playmaker the ball. With only one tackler to deal with, he's not shaking that tackler.

CJ might be broken...

Figure out the Offensive Line, shore it up... then try all three of our RBs behind it.

I'm not sure what else to do here... CJ sucks... but we have to deal with it, now.

7. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Just stop it already lol, there were plenty of times where he had one on one in the open field and looked as stiff as a poker. He simply can't make people miss anymore.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. wrench248

wrench248 Pro Bowler

The Titans tried to get him these type of matchups today and he mostly failed. The speed just isnt there anymore.

But its all on the OL

9. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I am not sure that is correct...I think I read that the cap hit from CJ's contract is not ridiculous over the next few years...not incidental, but not a back breaker either.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Look at the stats...CJ is the worst starting RB in the league right now...and the second highest paid one...geez..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar