Chris Johnson - showboat ?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 8, 2008.

?
  1. yeah, he needs to tone it down, especially with a live ball

31 vote(s)
    60.8%
  2. Chad Johnson / Terrell Owens look out !!

20 vote(s)
    39.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Well, if you take out his top 25 longest runs, it's much lower than that.

If we added on a few large negative runs, that would take the average down too.

Anyone else have any good ideas on how to get that average down?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Force him to run with L-Dub on his back?

3. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Throw in some of Lendale's negative runs when CJ should have been in the game. That would bring it down quite a bit. Also, we should just give him the many Goal Line runs that White has had that should have been CJ's. Those would bring down his average as well.

4. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

no.. that would be career ending. We don't want his knees to shatter!

How bout he pulls his best Henry impersonation and closes his eyes as soon as he gets the ball. :eh?:

5. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

It all makes up for Lendale's TD dance...

6. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I thought it was a bit reckless, and a bad habit if he thinks he can do that all the time and not risk a stupid turnover and a wasted score (which would have people seething). But his other celebrations were fine. The Bongos were awesome and a lot of fun, and I don't even know why anyone would whine over the Detroit thing where he simply put the ball down at the pylons. So to answer no, I don't think he's a showboat.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol - did you actually figure that out.

I was only pointing out that removing stats that don't favor the point is kinda like cheating, no it is cheating.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

that is what everyone should do. After you cross the goal line just put the ball down and get off the field.

Guess I am old school as I hate the show boating after a TD, sack, run, tackle, interception,etc. Just do your job and stop the crap. What really ticks me off is when they do it and your friggin losing!!!

As someone said.."Act like you have been there before"

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

just to clarify, my concern is the conduct with a live football
    after he crosses the goalline , as long as it doesn't draw a 15 yard penalty on the ensuing kickoff, I don't really mind what he does ... it's his money

I would however be put off by off-jestures at opponents coaches or fans, dancing/spitting/defecating on the home teams logo, or any other such act that would make him look like a douche

10. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

he is a rookie who is excited...let him have some fun before big ol rog ruins it all for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar