Chris Johnson says we're "very, very, very far away"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Probably somewhere in between but I'd say CJ's perspective is a little bit closer to reality. This mess isn't getting fixed in one offseason. We're at least 2 years away from sniffing the playoffs IMO.

As for CJ being traded, I can't see that happening. Not with jobs on the line in 2013. He's far and away our best offensive player. Sad as that is to admit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You may be right about many teams thinking he's still a top back. But I still don't think we could get a 1st. I could definitely see a 2nd though.

3. amy

amy Starter

There's nothing wrong with CJ that an awesome Oline wouldn't fix. We haven't had one since his first year.

4. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

2nd year. That's when he broke the all time yards from scrimmage record and rushed for 2,000 yards. After that, our line has been utter garbage.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The 3HL guys, Blaine Bishop included, all said today that it seems CJ is just a money guy. His answer to whether or not the 2nd contract changed him was basically he already got paid big once so it was no different.

What they also mentioned is when Eric Berry was asked about an additional contract he said "I don't give a ****. I just want to win championships."

CJ will never say anything to that regard.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

Doesn't sound like the kind of guy I want on my team.

Sucks for Eric Berry, maybe he can get a championship with his next team, it ain't gonna happen in KC.

7. XO

XO Nevada Native

Also, are we really that far away?

I could see us in the playoffs as soon as we got a real coaching staff.

We have talent, just need to fix the offensive and defensive lines.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Would you prefer a guy who doesn't want to fix the problems that are preventing the team from winning? Perhaps you'd feel better about him if he said, "We don't need to change anything. We will magically become Super Bowl contenders next year with the same guys everywhere." That sound like a guy you'd want on your team?

9. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Well.... who thinks CJ is wrong?

Dude is 100% accurate. I'm starting to convince myself we will never see another SB in my lifetime, and I'm only 25 lol.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Absolutely right.

No one in their right mind would give up a first round pick for a running back who will be 28 in September. Especially one that is 190 lbs and has been run into the ground. Why would they? Guys like DeMarco Murray, Steven Ridley and Ben Tate can give more than enough of a rushing attack to win if you have the other pieces. And CJ is obviously not enough to take you to the playoffs, as we've seen.

No one thinks, "man, we're just a running back away from being a Super Bowl team."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar