Chris Johnson Named Offensive Player of the Year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdy_hitt, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Totally agree that not making the playoffs kept him out of the running. If we were a wildcard team, he could have gotten it. It's hard to be considered most valuable when your value doesn't get your team to playoff level.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh God, wait a minute.... How could you look past my post about him needing 20 TD's to get some love????? Holey heaven, you must have missed it. Go back and tell me how 14 is really splendid, and yippy skippy. Come on.

Yea I'm sure you don't like that crap either.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

MVP vs OPY

I don't understand why it is so hard to see the difference between the two awards. I actually agree that Manning is a more valuable player because his team sucks without him and no way they make the playoffs and possibly end up last in the division. Sure the Titans wouldn't be as good but our drop off wouldn't be as far as the Colts if CJ was out of the picture. QBs are always going to be more valuable the way I see it.

In case some of you missed it Manning threw for 4500 yards in the regular season with a 95 QB rating and his team is probably undefeated if the Colts played out the season. I'd also trade Manning straight up for CJ without hesitation as would just about any one else except maybe the Saints. That is a reality.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's a QB driven league, you got a good QB you got a good team period. Manning is top dog since he's a QB, but I hate that he can't do a damn thing but throw. Lucky for him he's well protected and gets paid to think. Cuz he sure as hell isn't any athlete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar