Chris Johnson leading the NFL in rushing with 451 yards since Week 4.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Or...

How about some fans just want to congratulate a player who is playing well.

Some Titans play 2 opponents every week. The professional football teams they play. And the professional haters.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

And so just like that the o line has gone from worst to best. Yes the online was sucking but I'm not buying it was all their fault. A single player can turn it around but a collective group doesn't just decide to all start playing awesome and springing their RB for huge chunks of yardage. Granted buffalo sucks so they did look pretty good there, but I think it has had a lot to do with CJ wanting huge runs that weren't there and play calling imo. I hope he continues to be the best in the league from week four on because god knows he was the worst in the history of the NFL for the first three.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Welcome Back, CJ.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

He's still not out of my doghouse.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No just like that the OL played a team they could handle up front. It was the same thing last season. When we played the weaker front 7s against the run CJ wasn't mugged in the back field and he had some nice stats.

I'm not sure where this idea comes from the RB is going to be that much different from one week to the next. Like CJ sucks one week and is one of the NFL's best the next? These arguments are always one sided. Like it can't be a combination of play calling, CJ hitting the holes quicker and the OL actually not getting knocked back but instead holding their blocks. And as for CJ losing a step I sure didn't see it.

We should just hope the whole running game is now in sync instead of just going out of our way to bash CJ. For example, I think Velasco is improving as he gets more comfortable playing C and he has played well. He might be our long term guy. His growth has helped for sure. Look at the positive and hope this can be a good thing we carry over into the rest of the season.

6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

It was against a terrible team. Lets see them block the bears line!

7. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

I'm not a CJ basher by any means I just don't like all the blame going on the line when CJ would clearly dance around in the backfield instead of getting 4yards. Yes the run blocking has been bad and holes haven't been there or close up quick but I have watched CJ on occasion try to bounce outside with a hole right in front of him that could have gotten him positive yards. I think it is a combination of everything line, play calling, and CJ. Houston has a pretty stoUT front 7 and we moved the ball pretty well on them. If CJ get positive yards then munch/Palmer give him the ball more. When he gets the ball more he has more opportunities for the home run. Thus he has had a better stretch over the last 3 or 4 games. Like I said earlier I hope the run game continues to get better and show that 2009 explosivness again.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

CJ is learning how to buy himself time, just take whats there and bigger gains will come.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

haters still hatin

CJ gets paid, gets his yards, gets head in his Cadillac. What do yall get? Yall get haterade.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He gets head in a car still? What is he, 17?

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar