Chris Houston

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

people get too caught up in height and weight and forget about the fact that the kid can play. he's no smaller than pacman jones.

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

But with WR getting bigger and faster I would prefer a bigger CB that could also help with run support

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Eric Wright has too many off-field problems and we don't need 2 corners that have them. He's extremely talented but he has had some problems and we can't afford another.

4. Fry

why would you take a lesser player because he's bigger?

WRs are actually getting smaller. with the illegal contact rule, teams are leaning towards smaller quicker guys who are harder to get your hands on in the first five yards.

5. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yet the top WR prospects are CJ, Jarrett, Meachem, Bowe, and Rice all guys atleast 6'3 or taller. The only WR considered a first rounder not that tall is Ginn.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

might as well look at Merriweather

7. Fry

just because this is an exceptionally tall WR class in the first round doesnt mean that is the way teams are going all around.

with that said, you will be hard pressed to find a great corner over 6'0" because that type of build is not best suited for cornerback. you have to have lose hips because of the back pedal and the turn/run ability coming out of the back pedal and darrell revis, from what i have seen, does not have that.

8. Fry

how many guys have we personally worked out and taken in the past few years? i would bet few to none.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

He's not as bad as Pacman. I'd take him in two. He's not as bad as Merriweather, either. I also think the policy that comes out before draft will limit the upstarts we see. Oh yeah, I almost forgot - the real reason I want him, besides being "the other best man-to-man corner in the draft," is that he is the one corner who has impressed Deion Sanders the most in the draft, citing Wright as having the most fluid moves of any cornerback seen so far this year. His biggest knock was the number of gambles he makes -- but then again, that was Pacman as a college corner as well, so I'm more than okay with that, on the field speaking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar