Chris Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CanadaTitan, Apr 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Old enough to realise a pathetic attempt at an insult that you'd hear in a school yard, not amongst adults.

But thank you for continuing to prove my point.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'm sorry that I don't watch Dragonball Z or play dungeons and dragons, dude. Last time I checked you insulted me, and I simply asked you the same question...how is that a pathetic attempt at an insult? It was your own insult...

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That wasn't the attempted insult junior

This was
    Apparently this was meant to be one as well
    Keep up will you.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

When the FO takes a RB the year after taking one in the second round the previous draft, I think it's fair to be critical of investing so much into one position.

Either they plan on playing Johnson mainly at WR and Henry will be the #2 or they have already given up on Henry after only one season.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

If nothing else Henry can be moulded into a special teams star.

He was a bad pick but he has the athleticism to contribute somewhere for us.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He can run those drinks onto the field quickly.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Danger Will Robinson!!!

He might blindly run into one our players & injure someone.:suspect:

8. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

^ Oh man, that's just wrong. :ha:

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think your right TJ.

Henry appears to have been a "combine wonder" that just doesn't have RB skills. He has been admittedly slow absorbing running style instruction- cutback lanes, patience, gap vision/recognition, etc. He is another development project that was way behind schedule and it appears right now he may never improve.

The problem folks have with MR/JF is that he was also a huge reach. He would have been there in the third round. It really didn't set up the situation for MR/JF to reach again for Johnson. IMO in Johnson's case, he would have gone early second round- so it is arguable if it really was a reach. He was another "combine wonder". I don't think he would have been available for us in the second.

Henry's 4 game suspension didn't help his status with our coaches either. The "non-steroid" and otherwise poorly defined substance violation casts a dark cloud on his future in the NFL.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Why in the hell would anyone assume we are done with Henry??? Didn't we carry four RB's last season (Ganther)??? Didn't Chris Brown find a new team in Houston??? The same crowd was probably saying the same thing about White last draft. If Henry comes to camp ready to play, you better believe he'll take on a more active role. Either way, I think Chris Johnson will get ample playing time. Totally different skill set. We'll probably see him in the slot when he's not in the backfield.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar