Chris Brown wants to be traded ?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HurricaneTitans, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That would have been a generous offer given his production thus far -- more than Travis Henry has been earning as of late. Brown should have taken it, if true, then outperformed and asked for a new contract or a trade. That's how I would have approached it, at least. I'd figure Cheese was going to play himself out, and it should occur to him that LenDale spelling him could make Brown more productive in the long run.

I'm kind of disappointed in this development. I really think Brown is going to have a decent season and put a lot of elements of his game together. I want to keep my Reservoir Dogs -- Mr. Brown and Mr. White -- on the same squad for a while.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I don't know that you can blame Fisher, however what killed Brown the last couple of years is what killed Eddie's last couple of years, Henry's first year and to an extent McNair's last couple of year: crappy blocking on the offensive line.

You can blame Brown all you want, but when Henry (former probowler) doesn't do any better and Nash and Payton barely see the field, something tells me the problem lies somewhere else. And then when you watch film of our offence it becomes all too clear where the problem was.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Not unless they want to give up Freeney for him.

That would be shooting ourselves in the foot, so to speak.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I would not like to see Brown go to a division rival. I can already see an 06 commercial getting constant airplay: "Who's Chris Brown? He's Chris Brown. Brown torched the Titans twice for...."

No thanks.

If he were worth it, we could wait til the end of the season and tag him. I forget, under the new CBA, is the transition tag taken out, or is that it's proven to be ineffective with the crazy clauses added in those Vikings/Seahawks brouhahas from the offseason? Don't know if I'd franchise him and risk paying him that much, but then again, if Brown has a 1500 yard season, while LenDale is relatively inexpensive, maybe I'd do it after all.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd trade Brown and Kinney to Denver for Champ Bailey. :brow:

6. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Apparently Davis has not gotten back up from his knee problem, and that has the team worried. Antoine Smith and Vernand Morency are the backups.

I wouldn't let him go inside the division for even a two, I'm afraid. A two isn't going to run for me this season, and without Brown I find myself less confident in Henry and White.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Knee injury to DD from which he is slow to recover.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO there is way too much infactuation with a guy having to get 30 carries a game to be a good RB. I would take two Chris Browns over one Eddie George his last 4 years any day. Willis McGahee had 325 carries with a 3.8 YPC average last year. Would that make our running game any better than Brown and Henry last year who combined had similar stats (actually Brown and Henry had better stats catching the ball which means they were more productive overall). Yet fans would salivate to get a guy who could grind out 4 yards per carry and stay healthy. Heck we put up with 3 yards per carry for 1/2 a decade. Not only would fans salivate to get a guy who could carry the rock 300+ times but they would be all for paying the guy big bucks. They would say "we have finally found our RB, our go to guy". Fisher would be saying how wonderful he felt now that he had a guy he could depend on. Bottom line that is possibly what White is going to be. He is the answer, our savior. In the end I would rather have Brown and White, pay them 1/2 of what an Eddie George would make and use them where their strengths are as opposed to having one guy.

By the way, if our OL actually decides to block someone Brown's YPC would blow away that 4.0 YPC that many of these high paid guys get. If Brown could stay healthy, and I agree that is his worst issue by far he would be a Tiki Barber quality back.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Chris brown is not a failure!

It really makes me mad when we talk about this guy like he has been some huge disappointment. He has not been. Brown was a very late third rd pick and one of the reasons he lasted that long were concerns about durability because of his body type and running style. Well?

Despite all that brown has averaged 950 yards the last 2 seasons with a solid average per carry. He has been a good football player. He is an accurate pass blocker better in protection than eddie george. He can catch the football and gave us 327 yards receiving last year. He has outproduced jamal lewis the last 2 seasons and has started as many games the last 2 seasons as dominick davis.

Certainly brown has been a better player than the two players taken ahead of him in 2003. A much better player than our top choice to be sure.:neener:

Chris brown has been a solid citizen, a solid teammate. Did he complain at all when we traded for travis henry? Did he complain when we drafted white? This is a contract year for him and the titans backfield is crowded. He wants to go somewhere he can put up better numbers. Who can blame him?

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, Brown has been a good teammate. Even if he doesn't get his trade wish, I don't see him being disruptive in the locker room at all. I think he'll just put his head back down and play. The guy smiles too much and seems easy going. I think he can grin and bear it another season here. He'll know he's auditioning all season long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar