Chris Brown wants to be traded ?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by HurricaneTitans, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

I personally hope it's not the Broncos'... It would be hard watching him dominate it their Zone-run offense, which we run a similar version... just not as sucessful. I like Brown a'lot... but it shouldn't be of no surprise to anyone that he's at where's at right now. His pro career mirrored his College career at UC... he has the ability to be great, but he just can't get passed the little nagging injuries that keep him out.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Houston would need to give up a two and I don't see it happening unless Davis went down.

I don't think the Titans have any desire to trade him and he'll play out his contract. Brown has no leverage. I'd question Reese if he gave him anything long-term at this point. It would make no sense.

This whole thing is about Brown's agents started talking extension and the Titans probably tossed out an offer worthy of a player who is inconsistent, fumbles too often, doesn't do well in short yardage situations and can't stay on the field.

Brown knows he likely isn't going to get anything long-term from the Titans after this season and needs a big '06 before free agency. With Henry and White, and the fact the team abandoned the run so often in '05, he may not get 250 carries this season.

Brown needs to do his talking on the field. If he plays well, he'll get the touches. If he does well with his opportunities, he'll get his money somewhere next year.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Blah, unless our offensive line steps up considerably, none of our RB's will do squat.

Chris Brown has less fumbles than most of the other big star RB's in this league . Our 3rd and short woes are not Brown's fault; Henry, Payton and Nash didn't get it done either. So the only fault you can find in Brown is the injuries, and I think I calculated that he missed something like a combined 2½ games due to injuries last year, that's not really that bad.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

maybe 2 and a half in total isn't so bad, but when those 2 and a half span over 3 or 4 or 5 games it means we have missed him more then 2 and a half games and that is bad.

5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

rumor has it floyd offered 3 years/10mil and well you can see what happened as a result of it....

honestly like jeff said he has almost none to little leverage @ all....

6. GATITAN

GATITAN Guest

To put the fumbles in perspective, considering the amount of time that he missed the 11 fumbles are a tremendous amount.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Absolutely. This is a "prevent" move by his agents b/c they know he is not likely at all (limited touches) to have a dominant "contract year", thus keeping the Titans in the driver seat with his future next year.

I absolutely do not blame Brown. He really is up against it from a business standpoint. I don't think any team will offer more than 3rd with the Broncos and Vikings being the most likely.

8. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

I just hope we dont trade him, it would be a big mistake...

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Dangermode, why would the Pats want Brown? The have dillon, and just drafted his backup.

Vigsted, the numbers of those other backs fumbles compared to Brown are flawed. Over the three seasons, Alexander has over 1000 carries and 14 fumbles... Tiki has over 950 carries, with 12 fumbles... Edge has well over 1000, with 13 fumbles... I don't know where you got your numbers, but according to espn stats over three years LT only has 9, and he's carried it just shy of 1000 times. The problem is that brown has only 500 carries, even, in his last three years, and has fumbled 11 times. So if you want to say he only fumbles twice as much as the great backs in the league, that's fine, but it's a problem.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I think he's a starting running back in this league, and I think the Titans literally pushed him out the door, and I don't think there was any reason he should have been splitting time with henry. And if I was Chris Brown, I'd want out too. I thought Fisher was the one who messed up his entire career. And that's the first time I thought Fisher really screwed up a player. And honestly, Chris Brown is lucky two teams are interested, cause Fisher ran his career into the toilet. Most running backs never recover from shared duty. They end up at home on their sofa.

I do't care if Henry starts, or not, but he doesn't deserve to be starter with his off field troubles. Lendale White is the better choice in my opinion. It's his go time. I just hate to see him sharing carries for the rest of his career. I think he deserves the load. Same with Henry. The load of carries or nothing. No more of this split backfied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar