Chris Brown poll

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jul 27, 2006.

?

What to do with Chris Brown

Poll closed Aug 3, 2006.
  1. Sign him to an extension ASAP, while he's cheap.

13 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Wait. Let's see his game. Sign at last minute prior to '06 season.

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Wait until 2006 season is over.

31 vote(s)
    57.4%
  4. You tell me.

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CB was rated like 34th in NFL in rush success rate. Although I agree he should be a good 3rd down back, so far he has not actually been a good 3rd down back.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I'm not sure if it'll be that soon. But, he was drafted for a reason. And, it probably wasn't to back-up Chris Brown.

So, trading Brown is probably just a matter of time.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think Brown is a good 3rd down back, as long as that's not 3rd and short with him running. He's good at blocking, and has success at the draws. I think his hands are so-so, but hey, can you have it all? Of yeah, Ladanian Tomilinson :lol:

4. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

Wait till camp is over, if LW looks good along with Henry and one other, then trade him.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'd wait until midseason as well to do it, but I don't know if they will reach an agreement. I'd probably offer him something with the numbers he wants, escalating on the back end with some reasonable incentives in the first two years. White is going to be relatively inexpensive, unless he hits his incentives, but I think it would be worthwhile to have two backs scrappin on the field to reach 11-1200 yards a season or whatever.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Brown is really only a good 3rd down back when it's 3rd and long
    I see LD being the guy to get the 3rd and short / goalline

Chris is better for 2nd and 15 on a draw

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

second

8. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Agreed.

9. I think White will prove to us he can be a starting back perhaps later on in the season though, but I believe that this year for Brown is his last chance to prove to other teams that he's got what it takes.

10. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar