Chow Withdraws Name for NC State Coach Position

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans OC Norm Chow removed his name from consideration for the head coach position with North Carolina State. Chow was the Wolfpack's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in 2000 and his name was linked to this job along with head coaching positions at Arizona State and Stanford.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. zackmann

zackmann Guest

hope he pulls his name from arizona state and stanford as well...

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I hope he stays, Young and White are starting to become good in the offense

4. Titanville

Titanville Need New Coach

I'll give you the Young one but still haven't seen enough of White to say one way or the other yet.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Good sign, hope he passes up the others too...

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

he is going to go to Stanford..................

7. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Yeah, I'm scared he is too....he's a california guy and he's always wanted to be a HC. I'm 'fraid it's going to be too tempting for him to pass on. :hmm:

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If he is, when will it happen? During the season? I don't like the distraction, I'd rather wait five weeks.

9. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Chow is good as gone.

He came to the NFL to get more exposure in order to get a head coaching gig at the collegiate level. That was his stated reasoning for making the move when he came here.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So you think being the OC for the Titans with their offense ranked near the bottom of the league is going to get him more consideration than being the OC at USC with a game in the National Championship and Rose Bowl this year?

Also, I would love to get a link to that Chow quote saying he came here just to get more exposure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar